Drone Certificate

Question, If you are already hold a private pilot certificate and complete the Drone Course do you still need to take the FAA test? I tried calling them but was put on hold for the longest time so I hung up…

1 Like

Hi Keith welcome!

3 Likes

Very helpful thank you

1 Like

Hello Keith,

Yes. If you use the drone for commercial applications such as inspecting roofs you are required to have the FAA UAS Remote Pilot Certification. You can find all the info online. No need to call and wait on hold.
[https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/become_a_drone_pilot/]

Check out this InterNACHI video:
How to Use Drones for Home Inspections

Feel free to contact me if I may be of further assistance.

All the best…

Just curious… what insurance do you need and rough cost for you in your area? Ballpark is fine.
I renewed my Comm/Res GL this week, and they kept asking about Drone use, which I do not and don’t plan on using. Was kinda wondering how many $$$ they are trying to squeeze inspectors for? Thx.

Yes! I hold both.

Jeffrey,
I have “unmanned aircraft inspection/drone inspection” insurance coverage included in the group of ancillaries I offer. The policy through EliteRE/Clear Blue Insurance does not state the cost of Drone coverage as a line item add on. So I don’t know the additional cost. :crazy_face:
Merry Christmas.

Quoting Jeffrey Jonas via InterNACHI®️ Forum <internachi@discoursemail.com>:

| Jeffrey Jonas jjonas InterNACHI®️ CPI
December 23 |

• | - |

eelliott4:

further assistance.

Just curious… what insurance do you need and rough cost for you in your area? Ballpark is fine.
I renewed my Comm/Res GL this week, and they kept asking about Drone use, which I do not and don’t plan on using. Was kinda wondering how many $$$ they are trying to squeeze inspectors for? Thx.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| EVAN ELLIOTT eelliott4 InterNACHI®️ CPI
February 12 |

• | - |

Hello Keith, Yes. If you use the drone for commercial applications such as inspecting roofs you are required to have the FAA UAS Remote Pilot Certification. You can find all the info online. No need to call and wait on hold. [https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/become_a_drone_pilot/] Che…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Best regards,

Evan D. Elliott, CPI

Elliott Home Inspections, Inc.
4965 Twin Lakes Rd. Unit 66
Boulder, CO 80301

Mobile: 720-218-8139
www.Elliott-HomeInspections.com
Service@Elliott-HomeInspections.com

Elliott Home Inspections, Inc. (Logo)

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all sources.

1 Like

Thanks Evan. Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

A standard GL policy excludes unmanned aircraft operations by endorsement. You need to ask your insurance agent if your current insurer offers the removal of the endorsement at an additional premium or you may need to purchase a stand-alone liability policy for your drone operations.