Electrical Panel Question in Mobile Home

Hello all, I had recently performed an inspection on a mobile home built in 1996. The panel cover is a cutler hammer but has westinghouse breakers. I think CH bought out westinhouse? Not sure if pre 1996. Would you mark this as having an electrician eval? Also there is a challenger main breaker, I know some insurance companies won’t take this brand. I’ve never seen a CH panel in and older mobile home before and I’ve been doing inspections since 2007. (weird) Thanks in advance!

I would narrate similar to what you narrated above and recommend a qualified licensed electrician assess the cabinet for an installation for safety making any repairs, as needed, to bring the cabinet to safe working order. (mismatched breakers, different cabinet, different dead front cove, etc)

1 Like

Sounds good bud. Ironically my client got a copy of the last inspection and no mention about it. Also the home has poly plumbing supply with no mention as well. I searched the inspector who did last insp and he’s licensed but no member affiliate with any inspection association on his website. Guys like this give us a bad rep in general. Sad. Thank for the advice!

2 Likes

That’s quite normal.

2 Likes

Don’t be too hard on the last inspector maybe he only charged them $200 so they got their Bargained for, Cheap Inspection…probably an Agent Recommended Guy. (it really is sad what we need to compete with). All we can do is educate and you will look real good and will be serving your client well by reporting these things.

1 Like