EM Solutions seeks InterNACHI inspectors for Citizens Insurance.

Emergency Management Solutions, Inc. DBA as EM Solutions is seeking subcontractors to perform inspection services for Citizens Insurance. We are a dedicated Subcontractor for this inspection effort and are seeking independent contractors to help us perform these inspections. This email is an initial contact to you to gauge your level of interest. We are seeking licensed contractors, engineers, architects and InterNACHI inspectors who have at least three years of experience inspecting residential and commercial facilities.

If you  are interested in participating, please respond to this email at this  address (pat@emsolutions.us) or (jim@emsolutions.us) and we will send you a scope of work to be  performed.  In addition, please send us your name, address, and phone  number so we may contact you further.

Thank you  very much and we hope to hear from you.

*[FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Times New Roman]James (Jim) Kelley[/FONT]*

President, EM Solutions Inc.
C: 407-754-8571
W: 407-889-3783
www.emsolutions.us

[/FONT]

Here we go again. Another company looking for indentured servants.

I say we all stand firm and refuse to work for these companies. Solidarity.

Of course, most of us will cave and work for peanuts.

I have talked to some others also and they are all loco. The requirements are a mile long and they want dress codes, drug and background checks on your dime and you are responsible for everything but you must do it their way.Anyone who gets with any of the folks doing re-inspections has lost their minds. Good luck to us all.

How much are they paying?

squat and they want us to assume all responsibility. call me after tomorrow and I will let you know what one of the companies is offering. I signed a confidentiality agreement to find out so I cannot discuss it here.

one of em was offering 35$ per on craigslist

Here’s one for $40 per inspection, and offering 10 per day! You couldn’t get 10 homeowner’s to be home on time to get the inspections done in one day. Not to mention the clause that you might be on a team where one inspector works on paperwork. Not getting paid? Sounds like Citizens will have the same problem with rushed inspections as they did with My Safe Florida Homes program!

…has joined with Inspection Depot, Inc to act as an Inspection Management Company in the re-inspection of tens of thousands of previously inspected homes. Many of these homes were inspected as part of the My Safe Florida Home program and by independent inspectors over the last 4 to 5 years. Upon review, many of the inspections performed were inaccurate at best and fraudulent at worst. The main objective for you (the Field Inspector) is to obtain accurate data so the Insurance companies can gain confidence in the data submitted, underwrite the risks accurately, and to ensure their policy holders are fully aware of the true strength of their home where it relates to wind resistance. Therefore, there are now stricter requirements in order to perform these inspections. The experience required to qualify as a Field Inspector are as follows:
· Currently licensed and in good standing in Florida as (1) a Florida licensed general, building, or residential contractor; (2) a Florida certified building code inspector or building code official (who is authorized by the State of Florida or its county’s municipalities to verify building code compliance); (3) a Florida licensed professional architect; (4) a Florida licensed professional engineer who has passed the appropriate equivalency test of the Building Code Training Program as required by section 553.841, Florida Statutes.

· Must have at least two (2) years experience in residential construction and/or residential home inspection experience and have completed at least 10 wind mitigation inspections either through an in-house apprenticeship program or through prior experience.

The insurance requirements to participate as a Field Inspector are as follows:
· Workers’ Compensation policies which provide coverage for Vendor’s employees or independent contractors’ regardless of the state of hire, in at least the minimum statutory limits required by the State of Florida, and Employers’ Liability with limits of $1,000,000.

· Workers’ Compensation Exemption Certificate will be accepted if Field Inspector is not directly contracting inspection work from Inspection Depot, Inc. and only utilizing the Third Party Quality Assurance process for their own inspection business oversight.

· Commercial general liability insurance providing coverage in the amount of at least $300,000 per occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate, with an overall policy limit of at least $1 million, which insurance would apply to and cover final court judgments obtained against the Inspection Management Companies, Independent Field Inspection Companies or Inspection Depot by a homeowner in relation to an inspection under the Program including Bodily Injury, Property Damage Liability Insurance and Contractual Liability Insurance to protect the Contractor against claims from the operations of subcontractors or employees.

· Automobile Liability with combined single limits of not less than $1,000,000 per accident. This liability insurance shall provide coverage at least as follows: $200,000 per person for bodily injury, $1,000,000 aggregate per accident for bodily injury, and $50,000 per accident for property damage.

· All Field Inspectors must carry $10,000 Dishonesty Bond. (Cost approx. $120.00/yr – responsibility of the Field Inspector)
… will distribute the inspections to each Field Inspector based on their quality of work and customer service skills. All inspections will be subject to quality assurance verification by… and then again by Inspection Depot. Any inspections not meeting the quality assurance standard will be rejected and returned to the inspector for correction. In addition, surveys will be performed regarding the customer’s inspection experience and be used to rate the Field Inspectors. Therefore, customer service is a very important element to these inspections.
Each Field Inspector will be allowed to complete up to 10 inspections per day unless working as part of a team or where the Field Inspector is working alternating days where the days in between are set aside for data uploads and completion. Field Inspectors will receive $40.00 per inspection for a Personal Line (residential) Wind Mitigation inspection only, $50.00 for a Wind Mitigation with general condition, and $75.00 for a Wind Mitigation with general condition and Replacement Cost Valuation. Commercial Line inspections will range between $150.00 and over $1,000 depending on the number of buildings.
Field Inspectors will need the following equipment to perform inspections:
· Laptop Computer with wireless card
· Digital camera
· Latest version of all Field Inspection Checklists
· Flashlight – high intensity with 1,000,000-candle power is suggested.
· Head mounted flashlight
· Step ladder or folding ladder to access attics
· 6” steel ruler to measure deck thickness
· Zircon MetalliScanner MT-6
· Grease pencil/Sharpie
· 3’ telescoping pole (such as a golf ball retriever) – to gently part the insulation around rafter/wall connection to examine straps in low slope roofs
· Binoculars – for examining skylights from the ground
In addition, all Field Inspectors will need to complete a Background Check and Drug Screening (cost $125.00 to be paid by the Field Inspector).
This is a long-term opportunity once you are approved as a Field Inspector. In order to be part of the program, each Field Inspector is required to complete the attached Field Inspectors Application and Employment Contract. Please complete this application and Employment Contract and forward the documentation along with a payment of $125.00 to Inspection Depot, Inc. for the background check and drug test (we make no money on these services). When your paperwork and payment are received, it will be reviewed by … and then forwarded to Inspection Depot Inc. for approval. Once approved, you will be scheduled for training. There will be no charge for training.
Please make check or money order payable for $125.00 to: Inspection Depot, Inc.

Just wait for the homeowner’s to start sending complaints about your license, unfounded or not, to the DBPR when their discounts are taken away. If Internachi gets these re-inspections I’m assuming Citizens will require the same but at least we will get paid more and skip the middle man subcontractor.

It will be a good job for ex-delivery guys soon. Mark my words by the end of 2011 you will see them advertised everywhere for $19.99 or free with any other inspection. It is a shame because I actually like doing them. I will not work for a big firm and when it is no longer profitable I will be done with them.

How can you complain about what you started doing. Your first posts here where about us (crybabies) complaining about what a lowballer you are. So are you one of the crybabies now? Over time you will learn that what happens to one will eventually happen to you if you stick around long enough.

No kidding.

Greg,
The business is going to go into the toilet because the are letting any one do the inspections instead of the qualified people who should be doing them. Supply and demand. No sweat here I will find something else to do.

Mike, great opportunity for you to expand your mighty professional services and make a buck!\:D/ You can do 10 inspections a day and make a whopping $400.00.=D> This job can keep you out of the chat rooms. Go for it!!!:roll:

Free Wind Mitigation Inspection With Every Full Home Inspection
You May Save Up To [size=5]45% On Your Homeowners Insurance [/size]
mike@meekerindustries.com

Those who lowball and give services away for free to undercut their peers ruin their profession, their reputation and ironically, contribute to their own demise. It would be funny if it was not so sad.

Jeff Tatlock
BEACHSIDE Home Inspection
Serving Brevard County FL. Areas include Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Viera, Melbourne.
www.beachsideinspection.com

What will ruin the Wind Mitigation business is the regulations that will allow anyone to do them and the fact that very soon the insurance companies will likely only accept them from those they choose. When you allow absolutely anyone to do the inspections then the supply is way up. When the supply is up the prices go down, that is just a fact of business. It is not the individuals doing the inspections that causes the problems, they must compete to get work.

I am very leery about this. We received an email through our website tyring to get my husband to sign on as an inspector. I replied back and said I would like some information about the company, how long in business, etc. I received an email back that said we have thousands of Citizen’s Inspections and need a lot of qualified people. Just sign the form and send it back. We need it today. Went to their website. Could not find anything about the company except they formed their corporation in Jan 2010 on the FL Dept of Corporations website. Emailed Citizens and they said all approved vendors go through Inspection Depot. Called Inspection Depot and they never heard of them. The email said they would need money for a drug test and background check which would be reimbursed after 2 months of employment. I am not a very trusting person so I always check people out. We are not interested but I did want to post this information just in case anyone else is considering this. Mary Anne Key

Thanks for the heads up Mary.

I too was contacted by EM Solutions. I spoke to: Pat Kelley, SPHR, EM Solutions, 479-629-5177. I didn’t feel that I was being scammed.

My problem, is the paltry fee they are offering for the inspection. The fee alone is a scam.

I’m glad to hear that Jay. It’s hard going through life being paranoid :mrgreen:

Thanks for the response!

Solidarity! ALL NACHI inspectors should refuse to do these inspections for the monopolies.

Things that make you go Hmm? As a private inspector, you are not allowed or qualified to do these inspections. But, almost magically, if you work for one of the monopolies, you are not only allowed- but qualified to do them- just for a much lower fee. Hmm?

you still have to meet Citizens qualifications -
o Florida licensed general, building or residential contractor; OR
o Florida certified building code inspector or building code official (who is authorized by the State of Florida or its county’s municipalities to verify building code compliance); OR
o Florida licensed professional architect; OR
o Florida licensed professional engineer who has passed the appropriate equivalency test of the Building Code Training Program as required by Section 553.841, Florida Statutes.
you are a subcontractor of the monopoly - same rules as always apply. As a private inspector you can do wind mits as long as you are one of the above mentioned in addition to inspector