Exposed Rebar..

Hi All,

I just looked at this house which is brand new construction. Would you call out the exposed rebar here?

Thanks in advance.

100_3388.JPG

100_3389.JPG

That is not exposed rebar. Those are rods that were holding the clamps for the forms of the concrete. These are ok to be exposed.

Hi. Greg;

Snap-ties is what they are and typically, they break 1" in from the face of the concrete when forms are removed.
In this case the tie broke to the outside and the washer which is a spreader for the forms, stayed behind.
It is a common practice to have those removed and patch to stop corrosion and water migration in long term to find it’s way through the wall.

This will show you what they look like if you check A-3. on this link.

http://www.daytonconcreteacc.com/products/light_formwork.htm

Hope this helps.

Marcel :slight_smile:
</IMG>

Thanks guys,

That was one of my first thoughts. I have seen snap ties but they are usually(the ones I have seen) smaller. But I agree, and thank you very much for your answers. It just “appeared” to be rebar at first.

Thanks for the link Marcel.

Your welcome Mario and have a happy New Year. P. S. Don’t party to much. ha. ha. :wink:

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Same to you my Friend, I wish you all the best for the new year and stay off those ladders!!!:stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen: :stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>