#FAA 107 Drone test. Did it this morning..Passed it!

Congratulations, I’be had one for about two years. It has really helped with my Buisness. Theres only one other inspector that I know in my area that does it. Its a great selling feature fro clients and realtors. Make sure you use a good drone. DJI Mavic Pro or Phantom are great =. I have and use both.

1 Like

Yes definitely, which ones where helpful? I am making my way through the nachi course but from what I’m reading that may not be the way to go.

Wasn’t needed …It was way overboard for this test.
Follow what I posted and if you need additional info I will be here for you…OK?
Please don’t overthink this …

2 Likes

Will do , Thanks Roy

I have the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum

I just about have it all setup.
I got a Ipad mini 2 with the adapter for the remote.
Now! I’m waiting on the case I ordered from Amazon…
And I made my own landing pad.

2 Likes

Lookin’ good, Roy! The best to you and yours! :grin:

I truly know that from you Brother…Yep!

WOW, that’s really great, congrats man, good going, keep it up

Thanks Jack!

Thanks Roy. This is great information you have provided to us!

You got that right, Teddy!

I’ve always been a person that really enjoys helping others… I just can’t help it…Nope!
My wife says it is just my nature.
If I can help any of you in any way please contact me.

1 Like

I’ve had my 107 for Almost two years. Used it on over 300 inspections. Never once have I been contacted by the FAA. I guess its a good thing that I haven’t, But it seems it wouldn’t matter if I had the 107 or not. The only people who care about my drone are nosy neighbors, paranoid weirdos who think your spying on them, or the occasional guy who wants to fight you over invasion of property???

2 Likes

Are you allowed to operate the drone within 5 miles of an airport? I live in a small market with a regional airport. I would say 50% of the homes in the area would be within 5 miles of the airport.

Good job Roy, now you can make money with your drone!

I depend on the airport.
Just flying over a residential roof I don’t see any problem.
Check this out and see if you are in a no fly zone.
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

1 Like

Thanks! …

My research on this recently turned up that if you are flying within 5 miles of the airport, you have to alert them. I was told by the control tower that I had to call about 15 minutes before I fly, and he asked which direction and exactly how many miles from the airport I’d be. They have guidelines they give about how high you can go, etc.

Here in Anchorage, AK we have an extremely congested airspace and is really unique because there’s 4 major airspace that cover the entire city. Very seldom is there a spot where we don’t have to call and get permission.
On the north eastern side of the city it’s all airforce airspace and it’s pretty much a no fly zone regardless of anything.