Feed back/marketing

Originally Posted By: Mark Timpani
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A$hi now has a postage paid postcard with about 5 or 6 questions on it that you give to each customer when you are done with an inspection. This gives A$hi feedback and tells A$hi and you how you are doing. I think that this is a very good idea. Of course I mean for NACHI… If inspectors do not hand them out it may mean they have something to hide. It would not be mandatory. It shows customers that you are trying to do a good job, and when they see it goes to NACHI and not your home address, it tells the customer that your actions are being accounted for. It will give HUGE credibility to you and NACHI.

Does NACHI have anything in place simalar to this? I was wondering what your opinins are on this. I am personally very happy with what I see on the NACHI site, and how everyone helps each other. When AZ. gives me the green light on my application paperwork, my first objective will be to sign up with NACHI.

Originally Posted By: Vince Santos

That’s a very good idea. It reminds me of the lettering on the back of some business vehicles that say “Hows my driving? Call…”

Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.

–Kahlil Gibran

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Vince,

I personally feel that it is a very good marketing tool or gauge for individual businesses, but not for NACHI. I do not think that NACHI has or desires to police its members. I don't need NACHI, ASHI or anyone policing my business.

I wish I could speculate what ASHI's motives are with these follow-up's. Do you have any idea what the follow'up questions are?, or Who they are submitted to and what for?

NACHI has in place arbitration services, very strong ESOP's, very strong marketing, etc. They treat and respect you as an individual and hopefully never plan on montoring/policeing its membership. If a client is upset with an inspection, this message board alone serves as a means for them to reach our steering committee, executive director, etc.

Originally Posted By: Vince Santos

I don’t know what the questions are. I imagine they are something like, do you feel your inspector did a thorough job? Or just comments in general etc…

I try to put myself in the shoes of NACHI. If I were in charge of an organization and wanted to convey a message of quality, I would like to know my members are holding up my name. With the fact that in Michigan this profession is unregulated, I think the accountability you would have to NACHI would make your client feel more at ease. I mean, if I'm in business for myself who am I accountable to? Now obviously I could end up in court if I make a mistake but other than that I don't have to answer to anyone. I guess that's what being in business for yourself is all about ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

I understand completely what you mean when you say, " I don't need NACHI, ASHI or anyone policing my business." I don't necessarily want anyone telling me how to run my business but I personally don't mind the prospect of an organization like NACHI having a customer feedback form.

Like Mark said, this would not be a requirement but rather a tool the inspector may use.

--
Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.
--Kahlil Gibran

Originally Posted By: ekartal

The ASHI feedback cards are part of the Branding campaign.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: Mark Timpani

Vince, you are exactly right. It would be optional. I’m not saying NACHI has to police them if they don’t want to. The cards could go to Nachi to just be filed into a members only link under each members password. That way we can then at least review them to see where we need to improve.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Mark,

You don't have to wait for Arizona to give you a green light to join NACHI and start enjoying the benefits of memberhsip.

Take the test, join, enjoy.

Just don't submit your data to the find an inspector listing until Arizona gives you the green light.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: hgordon

I for one think that we might can do the same thing in various ways other than having NACHI handle the expense of what may be thousands of daily inspections!

Maybe we should do it on a Chapter Level. Here we could provide the feedback to the members at each meeting and the cost of postage could be passed on to the HI who was evaluated.

The only INITIAL cost that we would need to absorb by the NACHI would be the printing. Then each Chapter could have their LOCAL address printed or stamped on the cards.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: kluce

What happens if people write back saying they didn’t like the inspection? Will NACHI look into it? Money and time is needed for that. Or does NACHI just kick them off? I don’t see the reason for it. If a company is messing up, it will come back and bite them in the butt. There are other ways for people to complain.

The response card directed to others does only one thing: causes problems. My response letters are for helping me understand my clients and my company. That's good enough for me.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

kluce wrote:
The response card directed to others does only one thing: causes problems. My response letters are for helping me understand my clients and my company.

I agree. Feed back cards are general in nature. They are going to ask about the service your client received.

1. Was the Inspector polite?
2. Did the Inspector answer your questions?
3. Would you refer this service to others?
4. Etc.

I just don't see how anybody other than the owner of the company would benefit from these feed-back cards. I, as owner, need the info. Not NACHI, ASHI, or whoever.

Lastly, our national organizations, chapters, etc. have much better things to do. Things that will be significant in promoting NACHI. I really don't believe that they have the time or personnel to gather these response cards, catergorize, sort, post, etc. This is the responsibility of the Individual Owners, not NACHI, or NACHI Chapters.

Originally Posted By: Chris Norman

Why can’t each individual inspector have one printed up for him or herself leaving NACHI out of it?

It would show that you care and you would get some wonderful feed back about how you conduct your business. I believe the clients would be fair and honest. Keep in mind you won't get all of them back but the ones you do could be very informative.

I would add not only questions about the inspection but also the level of customer service experienced by the client, the ease of comprehending what is being communicated by the report and the inspector among other things.

I am developing a postcard myself for my own business.

Chris

Originally Posted By: kluce

I have been including feedback letters since I started my company. I keep it short and simple - 7 questions. The 7th question asks their opinion about future service I’m thinking of including. For example - I wasn’t sure about starting a website and including download reports instead of just emailing the reports. After the response from my feedback letters, I found that a good percentage of clients would use this service over email. I found many more advantages since I have had the website up but the feedback letters helped me in that direction.

My opinion is that being able to customize your feedback letters can be a great advantage. If too many questions are being asked, it is less likely the client will take the time to fill out the feedback letter.

I think the response letters directed to ASHI have one advantage - to inform ASHI of any problems. It sounds like my old preacher during confession - only was interested in the negitive things that happened in my life. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)