Female home inspector speaks out

8 Likes

I agree. We need more female inspectors. Ashley is a great inspector and friend.

17 Likes

Way to go Ashley! :+1:

2 Likes

My wife, Amy, recently left a near 20-year long career in the medical field to join me as an inspector in my business, and so far she’s doing great!

7 Likes

The cancellations are concerning. Only way to change this perception is to press on I suppose.

I remember my time in the Air Force, I worked on electronic guidance systems. The female technicians shined. In my experience, they were more thorough, more conscientious, more patient and had greater attention to detail. The rest of us were basically breaking shit and getting mad about it.

7 Likes

In a former career, I was a mechanical designer working on high volume production tooling lines for precision computer electronics. I worked with many women in that job and they were some of the most detail-oriented and smart people I’ve ever known. The female who trained me in when I first started there out of college was one of the most brilliant persons I have ever met. It almost seems patronizing and I apologize for that, but there isn’t anything guys can do that women can’t do just as well or better.

5 Likes