FHA Inspections

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Was asked by a mortgage company if I performed FHA inspections and what I charged fror them.

The usual stuff was asked. You know; well, septic, termite, etc. The only thing they asked for which I was a bit different for me was a "site map" d.sepicting the distance between well and septic ( I usually call it out, but don't typically draw it), and the need to perform testing for leaks in buried fuel oil tanks. The latter is something I am not currently trained or equipped to perform.

So, does anyone out there do FHA inspections, and is it worth it for me to get involved? Like, are these inspections typically supposed to be cheaper than a stasndard inspection? If so, by what magnitude? What about well testing? BActeria and quality naturally, but how detailed do they look for as to the design, pressure and flow characteristics? And what about the fuel tank thing? What kind of training and tools are required? And what about liability?!!?!!

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

DELETED

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Joe F.

I have done several of those drawings over the years and they really are not that difficult to do. The hardest part of doing them is finding the real property line, usually that are marked with stakes or nails. The realtor is kind enough to provide me with the plot plan which makes it much easier. I do put my company name on the bottom of the drawing with a note that it is not drawn to scale.

BTW....usually when you take FHA water samples to the laboratory for analysis they throw in a bunch of other testing that really is not required by FHA. For example, the lab I use does both Nitrate and Nitrite the former being the one that is required for FHA. I think the lab does it so they can charge you more for the test!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Igor,

That is a great idea about the septic cert. I do have to add that I would be adding to the charge for that type of statement because it would add to my liability.

Hey dude and they said you would never amount to nothing. What the HE** do they know. icon_lol.gif

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: mpatton

Help!

I have been trying to locate the correct resource assuming HUD regulates for FHA & VA inspections. I have not found a clear statement that tells me what is needed to add this to my services offered much less who regulates and how to proceed forward. For reference I work Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.

Thanks,

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY