First CMI in Quebec!

Well what do you know so was I.
Talk about fighting the powers that be right Marcel.

Congrats guys.
Nick How about posting a list of all the firsts CMI’s in each province?
It’s a short list Only ten provinces.

Will this be like David Letterman’s top 10?

Certified Master Inspectors in British Columbia

• David Verge, CMI
    Certified Home Inspector
    Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
    (604) 839-9702
    dcverge@hotmail.com

Certified Master Inspectors in Alberta

Certified Master Inspectors in Quebec

Marcel Gratton, CMI
On The Level Inspection
Quebec, Canada
(613) 282-0839
onthelevelinspection@sympatico.ca
www.onthelevelinspection.com

Sorry mate but You do not have the first to become a CMI from each province.

Congrats Marcel! By the way:
Do you have to convert CMI to the French version? :wink:

Sorry Vern,

I corrected my post above :D!

Thanks for the congrats Darren!

As for the convertion question, I don’t have to convert anything I don’t want to ;-)…

Congrats Marcel

Roy should have that info If we can get him to comment on the MB. I would like that info also.
I was 1st Nachi Inspector, 1st CMI in the Yukon and 1st and only CMI in SSM On.

Congratulation Marcel. you are always highly regarded by all the members.

Not meaning to tale away any of you congratulatory light Marcel.

I will also note that Roy Cooke helped insure that CMI designation in Canada if my memory serves me well.
The approval process took two-and-a-half years and was facilitated by Certified Master Inspector Roy Cooke of Ontario. The Master Inspector Certification Board thanks Roy Cooke, CMI, for his efforts.
Congratulations to the both of you.

Thanks for the Congratulations Robert!

But did you know that Roy and his wife Char were given their CMI for free and without any verifications???

I earned mine!

The ones that earned it Marcel.

Geee I guess the couple who started Canada’s CMI have no value. They did not earn it.
What about that other Quebec member. Whats his name. I can poke a couple of holes in that one by his own admittance.

I would not doubt Roy Cooke and His wife earned theirs. Right Nick.
I think Roy ad Vern Mitchinson have gone way beyond what other members have done for Canada’s CMI. Any doubts can be answered by Nick himself.

Kevin I have little doubt about you capabilities. you earned your proud rewards of distentions. You have invested in the industry long and hard to insure Home Inspectors have the grounded information they need to excel in the carriers.
I find it a shame and a sham that other American members constantly attach CONDEMNATIONS to Canadian members.
Do they not realize what this negativity exposes within the association.
Its a cancer that must be removed.
This is a blight on INACHI.

MARCEL.I have done a little research. I hope you are not disappointed. We all make mistakes. We all excel in our carriers by knowing our short comings.

I was thinking Marcel, to have such an impact on the CMI and insure its creditability there had to be full disclosure. “The approval process took two-and-a-half years and was facilitated by Certified Master Inspector Roy Cooke of Ontario. The Master Inspector Certification Board thanks Roy Cooke, CMI, for his efforts.” *****
They must have been investigated up the ying yang. 2.5 years. *. That leaves only a notary and the check to INACHI.
I know for a FACT Roy and Char Cooke pay their own way in life. They have given more to the industry than anyone I can think of off hand.

Lets ask Nick if the Notoriety Paper work was admitted and the check submitted.
There must be records kept somewhere in INACHI. It’s not my office. HA HA HA.

We do not want to start humours now, do we?

I know you are a man that wants **fact not fiction ** and tries to separate that negative emotional baggage and/or personal animosity some hold towards other INACHI member’s right Marcel? Lets be open and transparent about the facts.

I can not see Roy and Char Cooke ever being caught without fact as the allies for rebuttal. It would be like being caught with your pants down.

Then we can see if your pants are down. HA HA HA

Roy and Char Cooke, you can’t have one without the other, are the nicest and best matched couple I have had the honour of meeting by the way. they rely on honesty and integrity for guidance.

Now for a bit of Fact.
Me thinks Claude Lawrence and Bill Mullens removed their **free **CMI after a period of time.

They started investing more time in the National standard seeing the lobbing to the CMHC, Human Resources Canada and the a part of Construction sectors I am not formilure with was starting to pay off. I could be wrong mind you.

Both are great accomplishments by the INACHI members. Do not get me wrong Marcel.
It just helps a bit more when you have lobbied money helping you get great rewards. All is said without prejudice.

We have been done the road before.
Sorry for the edit. Grammar errors.

Hogwash! This isn’t about the Association, and this Association can handle the confrontations. Heck, this MB was almost founded on controversy! As every American knows, ‘Freedom of Speech’ doesn’t come cheap!!!

(The three Stooges)… you, Kevin and Roy, are the only ones making this an International Incident! Us “Americans” are simply calling out “B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T” wherever we see it. It is not our fault that you three spew out more than your fair share!

Btw— there have been many Canadians with the same opinions that Americans have posted here, and you have jumped their chit just like you have ours. Interesting that I haven’t seen them post in quite a while since. Why?

Perhaps the failures of certain Chapters and websites and such are more to do with the people involved, than it is anything else. If something repeatedly doesn’t work out, one needs to step back and take a look at everything. Why have you returned to posting on the MB? Bored? What do you hope to accomplish this time around? Why? Why should all these inspectors look to you for guidence or leadership? Because you want them to? I have seen nothing out of you that instill’s confidence. My advice, get your own house in order before you attempt to do things that will affect others. The hundreds, if not thousands, of apologies you keep posting is a good barometer of yourself. Pay attention to it.

There! I’ve said what I suspect many others have wanted too, but are too polite. Screw that. If I was being effected by anything you were attempting to do, I would be all over your arse demanding answers. You need to prove yourself first. The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

**More Robert BS! **

Refer to my post above.

To everyone making fun of Kevin Wood or any other INACHI member,
I do not subscribe to gang mentality one little bit nor do a majority of INACHI members that come to the MB.

Now if you have taught courses and invested as much time into the home inspection industry as Kevin then you would realize a little respect is due.
You would ask the same if you had a required level of education to teach and committed a far portion of your life to an industry.

INACHI members come from varying background, practices and have varying amounts of skill-sets and DISTENTIONS. They all deserve respect.
That is what makes INACHI great. Everyone leaning through sharing. Gees Louise mate!!!
Even the CMI is a destination like it or not.

Please treat each other with the respect and dignity you deserve in-front of a client or when doing business.

If you oppose the definition, deft, explanation or educational material then lets at least start with control and respect.
Set an example.
You are the stewards of the MB.

Then the drama can play out if the thread goes beyond fact into fiction… But remember after the drama is over, leave it alone. Do not carry thet emotional baggage with you everywhere you go.
We are INACHI not C.A.H.P.I. or other locked in associations.
JMO