Fl Nachi

I don’t have the answers…I do know that Nachi members are going to be left out. No flhII…no flnachi… no nothing.

richard may be quiet but he is there. Flnachi can change…but as other posters here know…it aint easy being on top.

Membership drive

[QUOTE=thession;999087 No flhII…[/QUOTE]

Tom,
Our chapter hasn’t gone anywhere… just because we are not participating in the coalition doesn’t mean that we went away.

In fact our chapter is several hundred members STRONG and we collect money monthly for legislative affairs.

We EVEN keep EVERYONE informed via the message board of new things as they come up. Not just the people who have donated to the legislative affairs…

As you know… legislative affairs affect EVERYONE and not just a few people in a small secretive chapter.

ANY Chapter that claims it stands for the Florida InterNACHI home inspector should welcome everyone and Value their opinion.

When the call went out to sit down & shut up, my wallet was the first to succumb. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was the first to say no and ask why.

The issue is not really Nachi or Fl Nachi or FLHII the issue is with the inspectors themselves. If they would get involved and/or give we would not be having this discussion. The reality is: they will now always be the red headed step children in Florida. They are the biggest and best but will not be heard with the group. Maybe that is for the better.

Our chapter is still very much active and monitoring the situation. We have a large(our largest) convention is in the planning stages. The profits from the convention may be used for legislative affairs. It will be before the license renewal cycle and will be mostly CEUs.

ABSOLUTE BS…Why use it for legislative affairs? Your gonna work your butt for more low life free loading people? 95% of these people could care less about ANYONE but themselves and will NEVER change. They will suck on you like a tick.

Remember when one registration was like $99 for all the classes and people wanted to bring their wife, kids, baby sitter, neighbor? Then they wanted to cut off $4 and bring their own food and instead literally lined their pockets with the food. LITERALLY.

Here is an idea. It will sound totally out of this world. How about you work for butt off for this wonderful conference. Make a crap load of money, take you family and one other member (say from SW Florida with the initials RJH) :smiley: and go on a freaking well deserved vacation and roll around in bed with the loot?

No one expects O’Malley and Casey to do it for free, why should they expect it for free from you?

And the bigger point, what good is the money going to do? You can give the legislative fun $1,000,000 and it will get nothing done. It is not about the LEADERSHIP its about the FOLLOWERS. There is no such thing as a leader when there is no one following.

To me any money towards the legislative fund is a total waste. I just wish I would have realized it about $5,000 ago…:roll:

Not that I’m a lemming, but when I look out on the horizon I don’t see anyone charging out to battle destiny… you licensing geniuses should have had a plan before you sold out the profession… More money for these morons, from my cold dead hand, not another dime. :roll:

Great post, RJH!

WHY should anyone have to pay to attend in person for CEUs when IN already provides more than you need for FREE!?!:roll:

That’s the rub…Gotta pay. I guess we can leach off of FABI, ASHI, Etc…

Anyway you guys didn’t play ball with the coalition. You went in expecting immediate answers when there aren’t any. Nobody knows what direction the home inspection industry is going. Too many powerful groups yapping away, chipping away at what the industry is.

Licensing is here…no one had a crystal ball on what was to transpire. Get over it.

And john I agree with the fire breather…keep the profits from your educational classes. Who cares. You throw a top notch party and i hope to make it to the next one. Now charge for membership in flhii…get a lobbyist and keep us informed.

I’m afraid without some type of Nachi presence we will be left to the wolves.

Fire breather? Damn I just brushed too. Man when you can smell it over the internet I got problems!:cool:

Everyone is left out in the cold. They think they have a dog in this fight, it is funny. We find out all information way too late. The contractors have a guy in Talahassee that I am surprised Home Inspectors can perform Home Inspections! He walks all over us and we just sit there. No 5, 10 or even 100 people will make a dent in this or change it.

Our “Lobbyist” really doesn’t do much. We never had a real agenda with follow through, some got drunk and ran their mouths.

I will tell you the number one thing Home Inspectors have against them…Home Inspectors! Think about it:shock:

Russ, the boss just might listen to you :cool:

Pete, some like in person classes. I personally learn more from other inspectors than I have ever learned in any class. That is why I lurk here.

Tom,

we gave the coalition three years and nothing got done, not one thing. We sent person after person and they left. We even paid for a year that we did not participate. When I presented an email with thoughts for the year I was asked to appoint someone else because they did not like the ideas. The ideas were not mine either, I was just a messenger. I never stated if I agreed with them either. I was accused of several things, including trying to line my own pocket and using the position to boost my own insurance inspection business. For the record, that is not my primary business, unknown to the party asking me to leave the position.

I was also accused of not fulfilling a promise I made, to present a four point form to the Realtor’s board. The morning it was due(at noon) I was asked to make several changes while I was already out inspecting for the day. Another member agreed to make the last round of changes they wanted because I could not. They dropped the ball after that and the Realtor’s were never given the form. That same person that asked me to appoint another person, never bothered to ask why the form was never presented, they assumed because I am a contractor I am working against the HIs. These are the same people I can not talk to after 4pm because some drink(seriously). Two members of one of the orgs come to my office to apologise after the last meeting because their president drinks too much. These are not the kind of inspectors that I will or can work with. They are, along with the non participants are hurting the profession.

For the record I was always against licensing, but Tom knows that already.

“Amen” to the Fire Breather

That settles it then, the non participants appear to be the ones who can see the futility in creating a council which lacks both the consensus of the governed and the authority to implement real change. The state will now do what every state does… Allow the political ideology of the day to rule the decision making. There was never any real hope that home inspectors would be fairly served by the licensing process, and now those who dropped the ball are pointing fingers at the those who never wanted anything to do with the process to begin with. What a cluster****.

That settles it then, the non participants appear to be the ones who can see the futility in creating a council which lacks both the consensus of the governed and the authority to implement real change. The state will now do what every state does… Allow the political ideology of the day to rule the decision making. There was never any real hope that home inspectors would be fairly served by the licensing process, and now those who dropped the ball are pointing fingers at the those who never wanted anything to do with licensing legislature to begin with. What a cluster****, guess I should just sit down & shut up. :roll:

Tom, what are you talking about?

Exactly correct Joe.
As I said to Russ, John and others, over a year ago, you don’t know what you are up against, good luck.

I truly amazes me that we have licencing, but, nothing else. It is why I rarely complain about licensing. I just adapt to it.

Good luck to all…

Off for a 10 mile run…

I honestly can’t believe we even still go back and forth speaking about FL NAchi. The reason some of us got so involved was because of the lack of leadership and transparency by FL Nachi. The funny thing is John S., Russ, and myself have been accused of lining our pockets off the backs of other inspectors and that could not be further from the truth. We actually have taken money out of our own pockets. Now as far as I know FL Nachi has lined their own pockets but we would have to ask for clarification on that. We have always tried to work with everyone as John stated, even those that don’t donate. I can say the same for the others involved.

We are a persistant bunch…but unfortunately it takes paying members to get in the ring to throw some punches.

cmon then… charge to join flhii. spend the money on a competing lobbyist. Let’s have some fun. It could get interesting. I sure wish a certain mentor were around he would know what to do.

No don’t shut up…believe it or not, your the voice of reason. you of all people know whats at stake. your still serviceable.