"Flame N' Blame" - A Public Denouncement

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Chad, Your comments are very sensible. Our industry, the home inspection industry (not NACHI) has suffered under oppresson for many years and many good home inspectors (non-NACHI members mostly) have been hurt very badly.

I especially go overboard sometimes in presenting proof that no oppressive regime's tentacles reach us (at least not me) here.

Thanks for helping us.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Guest

We all need to get together and buy Joan a “u” key for Christmas.

icon_biggrin.gif

Joe Burkeson,

Clearly, you are smart and belligerent. Well, I'm smart too, but I'm no fighter. I'd like to lay down my arms, wave the white flag and beg your mercy and forgiveness. I can see that you are going to take over the home inspection world, one market at a time and I'd rather not wait for my whuppin. I give up, just let me know where to mail the keys to my office and truck. If you'd like, I'll quit ASHI too.

And thank you for the analogy between NACHI and Palestine. I've been clearing out snow all morning and that was a real treat. I'm glad you've managed to hang onto your sense of humor.

Searching for a new career,

Jim Morrison

Originally Posted By: jpeck

[quote=“jburkeson”]
Quote:
As a test, try attending a local A$HI meeting and announce that you intend to hold dual memberships in A$HI and FABI, CREIA or NAHI, you will receive little flack. Next, tell them instead of A$HI and FABI you have decided to join NACHI and watch the reaction.

Joe,

I am a member of FABI, NACHI, ASHI, and (soon) NAHI.

Marketing is marketing is marketing and ASHI has convinced me that the way to go is marketing. So. I have added NACHI and will soon be adding NAHI.

I will then work to make one of the associations I belong to into the 'best inspectors' association, and, only time will tell what happens and which one survives, but ASHI is ruled by too close of a close-nit group to make the needed changes.

IF ASHI thrives on its Branding, I am still ASHI.

IF NAHI thrives, I will be (soon) NAHI.

IF NACHI thrives, I will still be NACHI.

I am also (and will always be) FABI.

FABI will survive and thrive, but it is a state association and does not have the need, or desire, to be first in marketing, it is about inspector education and learning. We are 'marketing' in that FABI is the largest inspector association in Florida (most Florida inspector members), in large part because FABI members belong to one or more national associations, AND FABI. With as many members as FABI has, sheer numbers makes a market presence, which in turn makes its own 'marketing'. (Remember how I said ASHI should do Branding?)

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Hello Jim,

Welcome to NACHI, we are always eager to add intelligent independent thinkers to our group. As you must have already experienced, this is a wonderful place where all views and opinions have an uncensored voice, truly an egalitarian forum.

Don't let my staunch political stand offend you or dissuade you from participating here at NACHI, it's just that I live and work on the front-line and have become a bit shell-shocked as of late.

Best wishes for a New Year,

Joe Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I confess. I treat different people differently.

No matter how much I disagree with a fellow NACHI member, I treat them with respect. This way we can continue discussing the issue on its merits. Furthermore, my job at NACHI is to serve the membership, so I try to be conscious of my place in the pecking order. Even furthermore, I'm wrong about 1/2 the time. And even furthermore, I sense that many NACHI members (except my comrade Igor) go easy on me (maybe out of pity). All this makes my interaction with NACHI members fairly civil. I'm not complaining. I consider all NACHI members to be my friends. You would all be welcome in my home anytime. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

I view non-NACHI members differently. I feel no duty to them. I go nuts when I see a non-member come here and the first thing they try to do is try to change and control our association. By all means we welcome controversial opinions and strong arguments from outside NACHI. It strengthens us. But I get real suspicious when a non-member starts complaining about our message board and telling us to stifle certain members, especially when he's a tyrant board operator himself. Non-members who come here to badger members about NACHI should wear a helmet 'cause I'm coming guns a blazin'.

Nick

Now they have started emailing people around me saying: Become a tyrant too! Two inspection board operators in particular are on a campaign. They’re wasting their time.

I'll have none of it.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Nick,

Why of why do they hate us so much....

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Nick: No. We don't accept paid advertising. But you are welcome to come on our message board and tell us about your product/service.

Vendor: Am I allowed to do that?

Nick: Sure.

Vendor: How much does that cost?

Nick: Nothing. No charge. The more information our members have the better. I can even post a little press-release like those found at http://www.nachi.org/deals.htm if you author one.

Vendor: Oh, I see, how much to I have to pay for that?

Nick: No charge for that either.

Vendor: Can I have my free samples and literature distributed at your Chapter meetings?

Nick: Sure.

Vendor: How much do I have to pay.

Nick: No charge for that either.

Vendor: Can I do a link exchange with NACHI?

Nick: Sure. We offer free link exchange at http://www.nachi.org/link_exchange.htm

Vendor: How much do I have to pay for that?

Nick: Nothing. No charge.

Vendor: Do I have to join as an affiliate?

Nick: No.

Vendor: I don't understand. What's the catch?

Nick: No catch... you're at NACHI!

Joe, Nick, and all NACHI members,

We don't hate you, we fear you. ASHI members are threatened by your success and since we know ASHI is all smoke and mirrors and offers so little in the way of substance, we are intimidated. It's not you we hate...sniff...sniff...we hate ourselves. This humble and public admission of weakness is my offering to you in the hope that you are fair and merciful gods. I prostrate myself before you now, for all to see, in order to avoid your vengeful smite. Long live NACHI, the greatest and most omnipotent HI organization ever to grace this planet. To all perfidious nonmembers: Become a member or feel the sting of competing against one.

Jim Morrison

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Jim

welcome back, good to see you still have a sense of humor icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jremas

facetious

Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia
Date: 1599
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : WAGGISH <just being facetious>
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>
synonym see WITTY
- fa?ce?tious?ly adverb
- fa?ce?tious?ness noun

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

icon_biggrin.gif

We never meant it to be so competitive. NACHI offers its help to every association that asks for it. We have a good working relationship with many of them. Something you don’t see much of in other industries. We weren’t trying to win the race, we just did. I didn’t even know we were in a race (till we started getting sued). We’re certainly not rubbing anyone’s face in it and it wasn’t our fault another team had a 20 year head start.

Who knows, maybe a new association will form next month that blows all of us away. I'll welcome and support it.

Nick

I for one will follow anyone that uses the word “perfidious”. I would have used “punic” but I tend toward parsimony. Chad

Originally Posted By: Richard Coleti

Chad

Is your middle name Webster? Do have any hits how i can increase my vocabulary?

Rich

Rich,

It’s Jimmy that’s the logophile…he emails me a word a day.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Richard,

I'm just a plain and simple guy, I would have used "faithless", although that would not have included the implication that they were also incapable of fidelity or reliability. I guess "faithless" could imply that they were, if they so chose to be, capable of being loyal and reliable. Hmmmm ... no, faithless would have sufficed for me, as I have no way of knowing what they are capable, or incapable, of.

If in doubt as to what a word means, just go to Merriam-Webster Online to expand your vocabulary.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida