"Flame N' Blame" - A Public Denouncement

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
Need to vent? Do it here and get it off your chest. If your antagonist wants to respond, that's OK too. Just don't bring it back onto the board, and realize that 24 hrs later the tread will be gone.

On the surface the concept sounds reasonable enough, but in practice its effects are evil and sinister and do not reflect real life conditions.

In the real world words mean something, people are responsible for their actions and this responsibility does not diminish in a mere 24 hours.

The operator of the site where "Flame N' Blame" is located is convinced that he is providing a public service and maybe so. You may ask, Joe why should you care what goes on over there? Good question, I care because "Flame N' Blame" is a place where it is OK to bash and deride NACHI AND where many do not have access to be able to respond and defend our cause. I have decided that NACHI is no longer "fair game" and will not tolerate the public derision of NACHI on other forums, especially forums that allow comments that magically disappear in 24 hours.

Furthermore I will make it my business to monitor other forums and copy offending comments to this board to make sure that the words do not magically disappear so all might be able to see just what was said and by who. I see this stand much like the zero-tolerance policy that then mayor Rudy Giuliani took against graffiti in New York City, he rooted it out and removed it everywhere and it was successful.

Comments welcome,

Joe Burkeson.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Scott Warga

Joe,

TIJ is a friendly place where people get together to talk and relax, much like a local pub. Sometimes someone lets off a little steam and regrets it the next day, just like the local pub. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

The quote you posted on the other thread was edited. By the way if you edit it, it is no longer a quote.

The problem, as I see it, is not Mike's discussion board. It is not by invitation only, all you need to do to post is register, just like here.

It is not the members of NACHI.

It is mostly the non-members of NACHI that harass people that belong to other associations and feel that because they went to school for 80 hours they know as much about the home inspection business as someone that did it for over 15 years.

I am sure that you don't agree with everything that gets posted on this board, and that is what we are talking about, People that have so much time on their hands that they sit on this board for hours and reply to their own messages 3 & 4 times.

That is what the other post was about.

I will not debate this issue, I just wanted the facts known.

--
Scott M. Warga
President
Ark Inspections Inc.
Gilbert, Arizona

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Scott Warga wrote:
The problem, as I see it, is not Mike's discussion board. It is not by invitation only, all you need to do to post is register, just like here.

Actually, you have to be 'approved' to join, thus the registration process. I have been 'un-invited' and asked, make that told, to stay away. In return, Mike will, he said, not allow any discussions regarding me on it because I will not be allowed to reply.

Scott, doesn't this seem backwards to you? If you are at a bar, the bouncers say 'take it outside guys, not in here', unless it's a rowdy bar, but then, a rowdy bar does not try to pass itself off as 'just a friendly place where people get together and talk friend.

If it is 'just a friendly place', then all comer should be invited in, and when it gets out of hand (if it does) BOTH parties are thrown out.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Quote:
By the way if you edit it, it is no longer a quote.

Scott,

I don't know where you received your information from, but I can guess. The quote I posted was word-for-word, nothing added, nothing changed, furthermore I dare anyone to prove me different. Unfortunately the original post was deleted, so you can either accept my word or you can call me a liar to my face, your choice.

Joe.

--

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Joe B:

Whether the post was quoted or misquoted is really irrelevant. The fact remains that the post appeared on an alternative forum that was subsequently deleted and therefore can not be validated.

Personally, other sites should be able conduct themselves however they choose to operate. Cutting and pasting from that site to this site draws negative feedback and connotations to the NACHI site. What useful purpose does it serve in this medium?

I believe it serves the misguided intentions of our detractors/attackers and generates interest in the sites that you are chastising.

ASHI serves a purpose for their Membership just as NACHI does for our Members. Which Organization is better is a matter of personal choice and business decision.

Campaigns are not won on negative advertising. They are won by demonstarting the commonality of ideas that are contained within the differing ideals.

Just my personal opinion.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe B. & I have different takes on the quote he posted. I thought Doug Hansen was honestly trying to compliment NACHI. Had the post disappeared after 24 hours, I wouldn’t be able to read it, much less offer my take on it. The point is that Joe B. & I disagree, we are both NACHI members, and are still good friends. See Mike!

Mike O. and Brian H. are probably whipped by their wives so bad that they try to do the same to some of us. All this "approved registration", "being un-invited", "deleting posts after 24 hours", "editing posts", and "banning people" is just a bunch of manipulative bull $hit from emasculated, hen pecked, girly men looking for someone to control.

Well they don't control me.

Nick

PS No this post does not disappear after 24 hours.

Originally Posted By: Guest

The flame and blame category at TIJ has been dormant for a few days. I was the the last person to post a topic there. I made the same post here, verbatim.

I'm pretty sure that Mike or the rest of the regulars at TIJ wouldn't stand for sophomoric name calling and personally, I like the fact.
We all have personality conflicts in life and in this surreal life. I've never met any of you and yet there are those I know I'd like and those I know I wouldn't. The difference is that in real life I'd just avoid the people that irritated me. Here that option is more difficult to exercise because one has to weed through the posts from those that are irritating... I know I don't have to read them, but in that regard I'm like a deer staring into headlights; I just can't help it.

I'm of the belief that most personal matters and and personal conflicts should be sparingly broached in forums to maintain a professional dignity.
I think a few of the people that post here are confrontational boors just looking to pick a fight. Is NACHI as an org like that? I doubt it. As much as these "children" bug me, I'm still considering joining.

Should we, as a group of professionals, try to elevate our standards? I think so. The world has enough strife w/o the inane rantings and derogatory comments of a few people whose only purpose is to start or perpetuate conflict.

In gym class we would have been made to shake hands.

As always, thanks for the education, Chad

Another thing.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I admit it. I’m hen pecked. My wife is beautiful, friendly, warm and sexy. I’d do anything she asked of me. I guess that makes me a henpecked girly man. Boy, am I lucky.

Chad

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nice that everyone has a place they can go to post their opinion. It is even better that those persons that make the rules and as long as you agree to their philosophy, you post will remain. When you don’t it will get deleted, just like it never happened. icon_biggrin.gif

Jerry,

I would say that you are one of the lucky ones. If they would agree not to talk about us, I would certainly extend the same courtesy to them.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Joan Becker

Chad

What part of New Jersey yoy from?

Joan

Hi Joan,

I’m from northern NJ…I call it Rochester, NY. Chad

Call me anything you want, just don’t call me late for a hot meal… especially if its at a NACHI Chapter meeting. icon_cool.gif

Nick

Chad or Anybody out there

Hi Chad. My house on SI has this EIFS. Can you tell me how I can repair the cracks in the exterior walls. Water is coming in the cracks.

Joan

Joan:

Off topic but http://www.njeifs.com/caneifsberepaired.html

Nick

Joan,

You’re not going to want to hear this, but there’s no good way to repair your stucco. If the stucco’s cracked and the result is water intrusion it was installed incorrectly. Provision should have been made behind the stucco for a drainage plane. It doesn’t sound like the installers have done this on your home.

A bitter pill to swallow, but probably ALL of the cladding on your home should be removed and then replaced correctly.

The website Nick posted says it all.

Hey, Nick and I agree. That’s a start.

Chad

I love that website because of the first line which says: “In a nutshell… NO.” So straightforward.

Nick

Chad

yoy the best

Joan

I will see yoy on the other BB

Quote:
I'm of the belief that most personal matters and and personal conflicts should be sparingly broached in forums to maintain a professional dignity...

Should we, as a group of professionals, try to elevate our standards?

Hello Chad,

Very good points, what the other side (yes, there is another side) has to understand is that NACHI and its leadership is no longer "fair game" for public ridicule, there will be consequences.

To answer your question, we as a group of professionals [operating our business in a hostile environment while supporting NACHI] should do whatever is necessary to survive and expand our business.

I see our conflict much like the Middle-East crisis, NACHI is a new sovereign state surrounded by a hostile world, there are no organizations that are truly friendly to us and many that would like to see us fail. As we grow and carve out greater territories the conflict can only increase.

As a test, try attending a local A$HI meeting and announce that you intend to hold dual memberships in A$HI and FABI, CREIA or NAHI, you will receive little flack. Next, tell them instead of A$HI and FABI you have decided to join NACHI and watch the reaction. I wish there was an easy solution, but there isn't, A$HI refuses to accept NACHI members as equals and we continue to expand and drive more-and-more business to our organization members. Personally, there are 47 active A$HI members working in my market so each and every inspection I book hurts them directly.

Joe Burkeson.

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Joe:

I thought I was the one that had to be kept chained up in the basement. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

You have to realize that small state associations are no threat and are usually made up of members of national associations. NAHI is not a threat either. They are a nice bunch of guys, friendly, but its a do-nothing association with a horrible website that hasn't changed in years.

NACHI is different. Its membership driven and transparent. It is a real threat to the control freaks.

I don't want to take up a bunch of space here touting all the things NACHI has accomplished. Good toots its own horn. But just for sake of argument, I will mention the NEW projects NACHI has been working on this month of December:

1. Chris is working on building every NACHI member a custom, easily maintainable web site, to flood the internet with more and more NACHI sites. NACHI is paying for and providing all the technical expertise to keep them all ranked hight in the search engines. This is part of our internet domination master plan.

2. Attorney Joe Ferry is working on our NACHI arbitration service for dispute resolution. This is part of our risk reduction plan which is part of our affordable E&O project.

3. Canadian members are working on getting Canada on board. This includes .ca sites, chapters, insurance companies, courses, etc.

4. I've been working on getting real estate office after real estate office to use NACHI members exclusively. My travels to NACHI Chapter meetings will now include scheduled appointments with broker/owners in those areas as well.

And this is just new stuff we've been working on this month!

No one at NACHI intended to humiliate any other association by being successful. We are just trying to support our members. I can understand that we are a threat to other associations, if you want to look at it that way. However, we do not mean to be a threat to any individual non-member inspectors. I think some non-members believe we've come too far too fast and hold that against us. We're just trying to do our best. Actually, we've only just begun, so get used to it.

Nick

Joe,

If indeed there is conflict between organizations and I'll take your word that there is..the way to build an excellent reputation and get taken seriously, and earn respect are all dependent on being professional. I have no real beefs w/ any of the folks here. Their attitudes don't affect me one way or another. I've only posted my observations, as an outsider, on how the discourse in the forum influences my opinion of the org. If the goal is to make the org a viable alternative to any of the others, then the members awareness of their image should be paramount in every post. Frankly, it's not.
I frequent a bunch of forums; each has unique appeal. The impetus of the forum should capitalize on the appeal...not highlight in bright yellow marker the darker side of humanity.
The only way to be successful ultimately boils down to being better.
OK, I'm done now. Chad