Florida countdown

copy and paste:D

<iframe src=“http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i24g2psu/cf111/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pc0f0/tc0f0/fs120/szw576/szh243/tatFlorida%20Home%20Inspection/tac000/tptFlorida%20Licensing%20has%20been/tpc000/matLicensing%20in/mac000/mpteffect%20for/mpc000/iso2010-07-01T00:00:01” frameborder=“0” width=“576” height=“243”></iframe>

Hey Bruce, glad you’re so optimistic.

At best, you will be able to locate an application. Then the application process will begin, fingerprinting, pay your fees, background, credit check, insurance, etc…

And by the way, I hear the DBPR let go about 300 people. I hear that no hassle licensing is taken 3-4 times longer than just a few months ago.

You may have to adjust the clock.

Good luck

Well the timiing is what the lqw says, what and when or if DBPR getts any of this going is another thing. mot holding my breath.

I hope they surprise everyone, and have the process down and ready for 7/1.

I guess it doesn’t hurt to optimistic. :slight_smile:

I’m certain that they will in fact surprise us - one way or another

Nothing different or new happens on July 1.

My experience with DBPR is that we probably won’t have an application till next July. We had 7 new licenses put into affect in the pool industry and a written test was to be available in the 1st 6 months. It’s been 4 years and still no test! Not only that but they don’t enforce those new licenses at all. They’re way undermanned for the number of licenses they need to police.

The home inspector page at DBPR hasn’t been updated since 4/30. Typical.

It’s kind of like a shuttle launch, countdown till the last second then on hold for a year. LOL

I don’t think they’ll have much new to say. They can’t veer too far from the enacted law. The DBPR has already received InterNACHI’s course approval applications.

Whats the point in having a date (July 1, 2010) if nothing happens on that date. What am i missing here. The law goes into effect on July 1, 2010 but won’t be inforced until July 1, 2011. I guess we just keep checking back with the DBPR to see if we can apply and be in conformance. Wow – Lets exagerate a little — June 15, 2011 DBPR finally releases applications, proceedures and specific requirements for licensing — 2361 applications are filed in a two week period — DBPR cant handle the volume and only 26 licenses are issued before the deadline of July 1, 2011 — However — somehow, they were able to fine, repremand and spank 12,872 existing home inspection companies that were operating without a license. Application fees are doubled for non compliance companies and the State hires two more compliance officers with the proceeds - now were off and RUNNING. Just kidding of course — everyone knows there’s more than 12,872 home inspection companies in Florida.

Hey Quigley, how about fillin in your profile so all of us know where you are from

From Vero Beach, Florida
Spent many years in Gainesville at U of F
I’ll work on the profile, but i believe it shows where i’m from. We are also opening an office in Sarasota, Florida

Dennis P. Quigley
HomeSpector, LLC

still no change, and I will be suprised if it changes tomorrow
http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html

Bruce,

I can count on you for Gator football tickets can’t I.

I don’t understand. What do you expect will change on their site? What is it you are looking for exactly?

Looks like you can apply

Hey John, I just printed my app, I hope they will take a list of inspections it reads like they want the inspections submitted

Person vue does not have a slot for home inspection finger printing yet

Last week, I had a Realtor call - price-shopping for his buyer. He asked if I was licensed. When I explained the licensure saga, and the fact it was not yet in place, he wouldn’t listen and finally said he’d call someone who does have a license. As he hung up I wished him luck…

Looks like Kinkos is going to make money.