Florida Ethics

I have asked other inspectors to do my report(wind mit) and I have done theirs. Several have asked to do the four point for them, we do it as a courtesy.

I have done the same.

I do them for al my GC friends. :slight_smile:

Yes, both 4-point and the original 2-page wind mit.

Did you do them both in the good ole days or just the mit?

I wonder if it would get by many today.

I cannot imagine they are supposed to allow it and can only assume they did not notice OR CARE.

I never tried to submit my own with my own license info on it. I thought it would open a can of worms and surely bet bounced back

The good ole days. Of course, they did kick it back, four and a half years later, because, our street has two different names and the address didn’t match what they had. That only took a week to straighten out!
I had to tell the one lady to Google both addresses and see where it leads you…

When the renewal comes up in July, I’ll submit a new 1802 as they have already asked for it and see if they send their guy out to dispute my findings.

You are going to do you own and submit it?

Keep us in the loop and good luck.

Absolutely! Isn’t the purpose of the pictures to guarantee no fraud is committed? The house is the house, it doesn’t matter who owns it or inspects it. The house and what is present, will be the same.

From the house I inspected today…

I did my own last July. I asked the agent before hand and they said no problem.

I am amazed that they accept mits buy the owners.

Talk about the possibleity of fraud. Even if you were just wrong about something they would claim you did it to save money

I have always been told that they will not accept it, but who know if it works for some guys here. I personally dont do my own.

Again, isn’t that why we have to take those pictures?
Speaking of which, what is this picture of?

Single_8D_nail.jpg

lets see-----hmmmmmm a truss that was low and furred 1 1/2" to plane out the roof slope :shock: Yes ? If that’s what your asking ?

Excellent post Steve.
The whole purpose is to prevent unethical practices by inspecting residences you have a financial interest in or creating your own repair jobs.
** Shame there has to be clauses like this but it IS needed.**

That is someones proof of 8Dism.

Pictures are asinine and dangerous. They should o by what we say not can take a picture of.

Label it anything and they will for the most part just agree.

That could only be an 8d nailed into a flat 2x4 cat. Maybe not the actual truss, but part of the roof structure.

So now roof deck nailing means…anything the decking is nailed to counts? :roll:

I didn’t say that it qualified for a B or C. I said it was an 8d nail. Gotta look around some more and get the spacing. Chances are pretty good that the rest of the roof is nailed with 8’s if you find one there.

Don’t rightly know.

BAD FORM.

Needs a ton of work and a person or place that does and has the authority to give exact answers.

I volunteer myself to the State to take over it all and make all the decisions and such.

Of course I would come to all conclusions based on the consul of all those involved with the process.

I would actually enjoy being the guy that has the authority to have the answers to all the questions on the form.

It would always be based on the answer that made the most sense. Common sense that is :slight_smile:

Someone must and has to be in charge of this mess.

I know it would be a real problem but as long as I can support my family on the wages I volunteer.

If nothing else I would apply common sense and fairness to the entire process. :slight_smile:

I interpret the above to mean no “full” home inspection is allowed on a property you have financial interest in… but, it appears as though an insurance inspection (such as a four point0, may be allowed as it doesn’t meet the definition of home inspection services…? Thoughts?