Florida renewed my home inspector and mold assessors licenses.

Thanks InterNACHI!

Mine too, all done here…

I hope to get mine if my CEU’s ever get sent into the state. I took the mold class in February and it is still not listed on the DBPR site.

Greg, Everything you did in April is posted correct? If not let me know. :slight_smile:

Yup, both my HI & Mold license renewed through the NACHI state approved Florida online system.

Thanks NACHI! :smiley:

Mine renewed as well. Thanks INachi!

Bert

Mine are done, thanks InterNachi. Now I need the Contractors CEUs :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too. I just need the 5 crap hours. iNACHI should get going on those for approval.

Thanks iNACHI for the rest

All done as well !

Division One Contractors License complete—14 hours
Home Inspector License complete ----14 hours
Mold Assessor-Remediator license complete----14 hours

A recommendation: Took Dr. Gary Rosen’s mold course, very very good and FREE. Highly recommend this course to everyone whether your in the mold business or not it will make you a better inspector. Check it out its FREE at: www.free-mold-training.org with great links to free information about inspecting guidelines. The material is all downloadable (PDF) so you can save and have as a reference, pretty cool stuff.

For the multiple inspection firms out there ALL you inspectors should take this course.

Happy Inspecting :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, looks real good… is there any catch we should know about?

No catch at all----all free !

This is awesome, thanks! I emailed the website and Gary called me back and answered all my questions, awesome find for me education wise, thanks so much!

Thanks Fred, I got notice of that one but forgot about it. I will be taking the course as soon as I have time. I am also getting my real mold CEU’s with NORMI in June. The instructor is the president of NORMI…can’t go wrong there.

Also, I understood as a home inspector we can take samples for mold testing as long as it’s an added service we do during a home inspection. I was told as of 2012 that is the case, however I’m trying to find any laws or rules that support that. Is that true? Where can I find any info on that? Thanks

Hi, Greg.

I’ll check the DBPR site. And I’ll re-upload, if needed. Then check your account again in a couple days.

I do see that it was uploaded at the same time as Nick’s CE submission, and his went through into his DBPR account. I’m confident we’ll get your DBPR account completely filled with CE.

I think it sucks and he is trying to make his own standard, he quotes the EPA when it fits him and then says it wrong in other areas.

Seems like a huge gidden agenda and thinks this will do nothing but get people in trouble…what are you going to say in court…but Dr. Rosen told me…good luck with that.

Russ, I did come away from the course with the same feeling so to speak in regards to EPA vs IICRC . I think Gary pushes the “Green” portion of the remediation process over the IICRC process of using Biocides, so his opions lean more to EPA. So that part of the course is a little confusing. But overall I thought that the course was very educational and thought by mentioning here would help a lot of inspectors learn a lot about water intrusion and HVAC systems whether they do mold or not. After all where can you get quality education for free other than being a member of interNACHI. :slight_smile:

Hi, Greg. I just double checked this situation, and it turns out that you only entered your home inspector license into the course system. Therefore, you only received credit in your DBPR home inspector account.

To receive CE credit in your DBPR mold assessor account, you have to enter your mold assessor license. And I see that you did enter it, but only recently. So, I’ll make sure your mold CE credits are uploaded into your DBPR mold assessor account to fulfill all of your mold assessor requirements. No problem.

Everyone, be sure to enter all of your state/province license #s into the InterNACHI education system at InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors to immediately receive state/provincial credit properly, and to avoid confusion.

If Russ hates it must be good. :mrgreen:

Thank you!!