Foil Covered Shingles

Does anyone have a link where I can get more information about this type of shingle? Basically, it is a 3 tab shingle with copper foil bonded to the face instead of ceramic granules. I’ve never seen them before and I’m having trouble finding out who makes them, where they can be purchased or even what they are called.

1 Like

http://metalroofingtiles.sell.curiousexpeditions.org/pz52ada2e-copper-foil-covering-asphalt-roofing-shingle-plane-standard-type-asphalt-roofing-shingles.html

If it was my home , I would scrap the copper and replace with the scrap money . lol

Maybe the foil prevents aliens from reading our thoughts.

Foil.jpg

3 Likes

Lol. I never thought about the shielding properties of this type of roof. I bet cell phone reception inside that house sucks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got one like that, same questions:

The shingles are holding up really well.

1 Like

Lightning should be like a moth to a flame with those.

2 Likes

I always think of the 1950s as the metal decade. Wood windows, doors, siding, etc. went to metal. Comp or wood roofs went to metal shingles in many houses. If any of you haven’t seen the movie “Tin Men” go check it out. Danny DeVito & Richard Dreyfuss in fantastic roles.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. It would behave as a Faraday cage. A poor one, but still, as far as radio spectrum goes, it would knock out a bunch of it.

Maybe the home was owned by one of those who claim EMF Sensitivity and they needed to keep out those negative waves.

1 Like

The copper shingles are the walls! The roof is comp shingle.

1 Like