for you information - good read

http://www.fabi.org/event-registration/?ee=21

December 5th and 6th in Daytona.

I’ll walk everyone through the requirements dating back to 1954 for both the SBC and the SFBC. Then we will go in detail over ASTM C926 and C1063 including the FBC.

Sam you would have to come across the Alley right next to my house almost at Tropical Acres.

Robert,

I too will likely attend because as you probably do not know I actually like learning about both new and old things and I have no doubt I will pick up a thing or two which will help me out. What is the date and time and how do we register. I normally get the emails but do not want to miss you in action :slight_smile:

I posted the link earlier, look forward to meeting you there.

Sam,

I just found out I was wrong it is going to be in Daytona around Dec 18th I believe. I will post when I get all the info.

This unfortunately is the reality or truth in many aspects of our lives, not just the stucco industry. Congress is a fine example.
The example you posted is not anything new. If everything was designed or installed to last indefinitely, then our job wouldn’t exist.
The building process evolves because of improvements on building materials and results of past installation failures.

Determining some of these failures on a visual inspection can also be difficult or impossible to some degree.
It is good reading though.

Sean,

The point I am trying to make and Bill took out of context is that when you have a job you do what the Boss says or you do not have a job. You can give your opinion if you are lucky enough but the fact is you do what the Boss, plans and purchasing department says or you do not have the job.

The plaster class is going to be at the FABI conference December 5 and sixth. They are also offering 14 hours of education over the weekend if anyone wants to come up on Friday. Will be six hours of education Friday starting at 8 o’clock in the morning and then will be eight hours of CE use over the weekend.

Sorry guys, my posts can take upwards of 1 day to update.

Here you are:

http://www.fabi.org/wp-content/uploads/ATTENDEE-REGISTRATION.pdf

As a contractor, you have the power to either do the job correctly or not do it at all, and I don’t mean you personally.

When I was a mechanic, customers wanted me to do something one way, take for instance not turning rotors or drums when doing a brake job, and I told them, no, that isn’t the right way to do it and two weeks later when you come back ******** that your car has a vibration in it when you apply the brakes, I’ll have to do it then.

The same goes for home inspections. It gets done the way I do it or find someone else.

When I worked in the masonry field, the guy I worked for was the same way. Do it this way or find somewhere else to work…and this way was the right way which is why we did a lot of high end work. Didn’t have to worry about the price shoppers.

Meanwhile…at the Wine and Dine festival in Disney…

Even if municipalities did require “specialty licences”, would it have made a difference? Isn’t a specialty licence really just a tax or revenue generator for the municipality?.

Just like all licenses.

Here ya go Mikey…St. Petersburg is hiring inspectors…

Florida stucco issues and more. http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/another-downtown-st-petersburg-condo-project-is-plagued-by-construction/2251868

Nice…Hopefully there are a ton of problems in the upper half of the State :slight_smile: