W/M??

**Qualified Inspector – I hold an active license as a: (check one)
**[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Home inspector licensed under Section 468.8314, Florida Statutes who has completed at least 3 hours of hurricane mitigation training and completion of a proficiency exam. [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Will this line item stay??:roll:
[/size][/FONT]

Yes

What makes you think that it won’t?

When and how will we get official notification that this form is approved?

Tha is exactly what I am waiting for. Once we know we are ready to rumble. Just waiting for the big event (news). Any insider…

I do not know what you are waiting for the ***LAW ***already says you can. There are inspectors on this board that are doing them. If an agent/underwriter refuses your form, send them you licensed, your training certificate and a copy of the law. These underwriters already know that you can do them, the agents, maybe not.

You are correct Sir. I have been doing them since I got the letter from the OIR and have not had any problems yet.

What are you guys doing for the education? NACHI course? What about the exam?

I agree and we have been doing them since Ken Dolin provided me with the Memo from the OIR. We have not had any kickback from any carriers including citizens. Giving them the memo, copy of our license and the Training Certificate. All built into the PDF with the inspection .

We check off the Other slot until the report is changed…AGAIN>…

So far there is no officially approved course, and since the form does not specify that it requires an official course or proctored exam. Then I believe that the NACHI course is sufficient to qualify us.
I would however suggest seeking additional education. Honestly, passing the course does not (in my opinion) give you enough knowledge and obviously experience to preform the inspection.
Of course most of us that have been in the industry since the program was originally instituted have acquired much field experience. but there is still much to learn.
I take my time with them and spend quite a bit of time on research and verification. It seems that I have not had many easy ones, they have all had strange roof geometry or difficult frame/block calculations or funky straps/clips etc.
You can guarantee I will not be discounting these inspections any time soon!

Wow did I just say all of that? too much coffee!

Join the ever growing number of InterNACHI home inspectors that use me to do their Wind Mitigation Inspections.

I took away my last sentence because it was really wrong on at least one case.

And if Mike is too busy, call me

I don’t think this is an appropriate place to discuss price, but originally the state priced these inspections at $150 which included management & quality control, this left about $85 going to the home inspector, anyone doing them for less is probably cheating themselves.

The world would be a better place if the general contractors limited themselves to building stuff which home inspectors inspected. No good can come from general contractors performing inspections, I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that in a short period of time the state saw it that way too.

Why ould a home inspector pay a contractor to perform this inspection for them now. Take the money that you are going to pay to a contractor and get your own license. Then you can do them on your own. The days of paying a contractor are over.

The NACHI course will provide the training that the law requires. I also think that the Bill York class will provide the training that you need. With that you also get a training manual that you can use for a reference guide.

Why would a home inspector pay a contractor to perform this inspection for them now. Take the money that you are going to pay to a contractor and get your own license. Then you can do them on your own. The days of paying a contractor are over.

The NACHI course will provide the training that the law requires. I also think that the Bill York class will provide the training that you need. With that you also get a training manual that you can use for a reference guide.

Joeseph,

HA HA HA HA I forgot Home Inspectors are the only ones that know about how homes are built.

Keep trying I am sure with the government we have you can convince them that people who can pass a very short test and have a three hour course under their belts are definitely the best educated folks out there to do the job.

The NACHI course will work and has an exam at the end.

Greg,

Just think now you will have enough work to stay here in Florida instead of heading out West. Yipppieee

Thanks mike I was thinking the same thing. Now I can just go out there for big commercial jobs and vacations. For once the state did something right.

**Mike, do not forget you are now a HI…:slight_smile: and you are in the HI message board. So, you have to take it like a champ. Cheers.! **

John,

#299 Baby. It is like water off a duck. Now for that pesky mold license.