FP Panels

Having read all I can find regarding FPE and Stablock, I have a question.
Are these potential hazards for older panels, or do they apply to the newer panels as well?
In our new house ( still not completed yet), the sparky installed a Federal Pioneer 200 amp panel and Stablock breakers. I asked him about previous performance of FPE and he stated that he has never had a problem with any panels he has installed. So now I’m curious and would like to hear from a few sparkies if’n I could.
Thanks guys
Brian

RECALLED!
see this](http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1416)

%between%

Joe, the OP is in Canada.
Your link states that two single pole 15A breakers, manufactured for a period of less than one year, were recalled. Let alone from TEN years ago. The OP states this is a brand new home.

How can you reply with that one word, linking to this one minor recall, given the broad nature of the original question?
Are you saying newer Canadian FPE equipment is no good because this one recall??? As far as I have seen on these boards and feedback from our Canaidan brothers the “new” FPE in Canada is alive and doing quite well.
From what I hear FPE (Pioneer) is the most widely installed panel in Canada.
Maybe someone from up there can confirm or deny.

Look again!](http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/FederalPioneer.htm)

Field Reports of Federal Pioneer Electrical Problems

As of May 2007 I have had just a few reports of failures in the Canadian Federal Pioneer (Stab-Lok) equipment and also reports of failures of “replacement” FPE circuit breakers installed in U.S. panels. We do not know whether this is due to better electrical work in Canada than in some U.S. locations, thus calling on the breakers to trip less often than in the U.S., different manufacturing runs of the product, different levels of reporting between the two countries, or other factors.

Canadian homeowners, electricians, home inspectors who encounter these electrical panels or those who encounter problems with them are asked to report them to us for tabulation. Contact Us to report this equipment. If you encounter failures, also please report them to the CSA and the US CPSC.
%between%

In Ontario Canada
See them all the time yes a very large % of new instillations are FP.
I have never seen or heard of a complaint about them .
I have 20 year old home 200 amp fp no concerns .
Do not know if the are different then USA .
I would say I have seen about 200 or more this year all OK with me
except for other concerns like double taps.
…Cookie

What? After your edit of adding another link?
No, that’s ok. One was enough.

This is pretty much the same thing I always hear about them.

More, read them! This one is interesting

THE FPE Stab-Lok WEBSITE
SUMMARY OF the FPE Stab-Lok PROBLEM
FPE HAZARD ARTICLES, STUDIES
FPE Stab-Lok TECHNICAL REPORT
HOW TO IDENTIFY
REPORTS OF FAILURES
FPE FIRE & FAILURE PHOTOS
FPE FAILURE FIELD REPORTS
HOW TO REPORT FPE INCIDENTS
REPAIR ELECTRICIANS
REPLACEMENT BREAKERS
CANADIAN VERSIONS
FIRES WAITING TO HAPPEN
ADVICE TO HOME BUYERS
HOME INSPECTION LANGUAGE
More Information

Joe, Roy, Pete…
Thanks for you input. I will keep an eye on the panel.
Brian