Free hands-on mock inspection course in NY from John Bowman.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/handsonbowman.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dharris

Nick

Question/ Suggestion , on homes to inspect

Could this be avaible to local chapters at habitat for humanity houses under construction and or completed

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/houseofhorrors.htm

Chris & I are also working on a virtual one.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

icon_lol.gif Six people signed up already. This is going to be great. Thanks for the plug Nick.

Another NACHI member who is new to the business has joined in. Must be the free NACHI lunch. Who’s cooking? Maybe a supply of c-rations is in store. Everyone can pop out their good ole P-2 or John Wayne and chew on their salt-peter pills. icon_lol.gif

John:

Order lunch for all, email me the $ amount, and I'll pay you back for it.

Have fun!

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

The NY Fingerlakes Chapter accomplished our free mock home inspection today. Attending the mock inspection were individuals varying from the seasoned inspector, the brand new kid on the block, and one that is considering home inspections as a new career.

Each and every component and system was visually inspected and discussed by the group as the mock inspection was in progress. Questions and answers were provided as a group. Leading questions were presented by Rick Paul, of REP Home Inspections, and myself and one inspector chose to complete a report for critique at the end of the mock inspection.

The mock inspection ran from approximately 8:30 a.m. to about 12:30 p.m. Lunch was provided and then general discussion of the mock inspection and the reporting of our findings was accomplished. The mock report was read and critiqued as a group. We finished around 3 p.m.

A huge success would be an understatement. Everyone was involved and thoroughly attentive. Everyone had a hand in the inspection. Some of the latest equipment was available for all to use and test.

In conclusion, another mock inspection will be organized by the NY Fingerlakes Chapter in the very near future. Each of the attending inspectors at this mock have shown a desire to complete the next mock inspection on their own, to test their individual skills and reporting methods. At the conclusion of the next mock inspection, we as a group, will discuss and critique all reporting systems and methods.

I would strongly encourage all Chapters to perform mock inspections. A truly positive experience. Who learned from this - Everyone did. If anyone has questions please contact me, I will do my best to guide you in organizing your own.

Thanks for reading,

Nice!

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Great job, John.

I'd love to get a mock-up started here in Massachusetts, but I personally do not have the time available to set this up. If there was a site closer to home, I'd gladly attend and help in any way I could. Oh well.

Great job.![](upload://dWMJihcl2Xt9tW15cZLivKWRmDK.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: rpaul

John,

Thank you for finding the house so we could set this type of inspection.
Not only do I think it benifit the New one in the field but it also help me understand stand how everyone focuses on differant situations. I really enjoyed the time of going through it.

I think every chapter in our organization should have one of these. Hands on TRAINING! Classes are good, Instructions are great but if you can not practice it and learn the real thing then it is all a waiste. Lets all help each other.

Rick

Originally Posted By: dcarroll

First of all I would like to thank John and Paul for giving up their time to spend sometime with us. This was not only free to us, but there was a free lunch and free handouts from John. It was a full day, half was spent inspecting and half was spent for critiquing and questions. For anyone who is a new inspector it is time well spent.

This was like a ride along inspection only better. Everyone participated and had good questions. I learned as much from their questions as I did from mine. It was John’s house, and because of that we could dig a little deeper. John showed us a good example of a double tapped wire arcing. I recommend this for all new inspectors. It was a great learning experience.

Thanks again John and Paul.

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

John:

I was planning on attending too, but had an emergency and funeral to attend. I will look for the next and if it is in my State or near you I would like to attend.

Please post the evaluations and recommendations from the mock inspection!

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.