Free report upload system for NACHI members

Will we be able to give each report a different password?

I don’t want someone to be able to look at other peoples reports any tine they want.

Obviously this isn’t a real fix. I’ll look into it when we get back from the convention. Sorry about that–somehow it slipped my mind to check a password protected PDF.

Every person gets their own password. That way only people who are authorized to download a file can, but they only have to remember one password.

For example, Inspector A and Inspector B both do inspections for different clients who are represented by the same real estate agent. Both clients have asked that their report also be sent to their real estate agent. That one agent is able to log in and download both reports, from two different inspectors, with the same password.

Chris,

1. How do I verify a report has been downladed?

2. Is there an account maintenance link?

Chris,

1. How do I verify a report has been downloaded?

2. Is there an account maintenance link?

3. Can I delete reports?

I can’t get mine to open, either
(sorry for the bad news . . .)

Also, I feel that clients would be more receptive to opening the file once it hit their inbox (via email) than to wait for the download process, watching a screen.

I’d like to try it again when you get a chance to do the fine-tuning, Chris- meanwhile, enjoy Toronto & the gang!

Russ

1. When you view the main page it shows how many “views” each file has had. That’s the same as downloads.

2. What do you want to do in account maintenance? The system is built so that you shouldn’t need such a feature.

3. Soon. When you view a report it actually shows where the link will be, it’s just not active yet.

I’ll have to get a few of you guys on the phone and figure out what’s happening…

I’m not sure I understand this. When you upload a report it sends them an e-mail saying that the report is available. They click a link in the e-mail, and are able to download the report.

This actually brings up another issue. The system uses an unified log in system where inspectors, real estate agents, and clients all log in at the same place, but see different things. If you uploaded a test report and sent it to yourself, you won’t see the client version of the system (which may be the issue you have, Russ). For testing, if you have a second e-mail address, send the test report there (or use your NACHI e-mail alias).

Cheers,

It worked earlier in firefox but now I get an error message. Worked OK in Explorer.

I see no that I can change my email as needed. Cache problem.

Great, Keep up the good good work.:smiley:

Alright guys,

I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem with encrypted files. Can those of you with problems e-mail me at Webmaster@nachi.org with a good time to contact you next week so we can go over the problem on the phone?

Thanks,

Please, if you are having any trouble with this new member benefit, let Chris know before we start using it on a mass scale.

The download page is a bit much. I always send a paragraph (or two) briefly explaining the report process to my client. With this download system, my text is crammed in the left column while the BIG coupons are on the right. Maybe these should be reversed. I think this would better serve the inspector if the coupons were secondary to the download (report).

It worked great for me Chris…

I don’t have the pdf files I send encrypted as I archive a copy of everything forever anyway…

Gotta ‘direct’ a Realtor to it now to see if they get it okay… The two I did upload, they simply opened the emails from me and didn’t go “fetch” the report… :smiley:

Thanks Chris…

Michael, ask your REALTOR to view your inspection report on fetchreport.com and see what he/she says about its ease of use, then report here please.

Nick

What are you doing in PA??

rlb

Working.

Tried the file upload and email notification feature of the Fetch Report site.

When the email is received, the file will not open directly. When saved to Desktop, it can then be opened and viewed.

Is everyone experiencing this or is this unique to my computer?

Worked fine for me Chris and Nick, no problems. thanks,Ken

Just signed up and tried it out. I use InspectVue and uploaded my pdf and it worked just fine. I did have problems trying to view/download the file. Got the explorer error stating it couldn’t find the website. It didn’t automatically download either.

For some people it might be useful to put some sort of a “scale” or “timer” when you are uploading the file, so people know it’s actually being uploaded and their system didn’t freeze up and attempt to back out of it.

Tried it on Opera and Mozilla and it worked fine. Just not Explorer.

UPDATE:
I went back and had to do an IE update and it now works fine with IE (7.0)

Chris,

I just ran into a bug.

I tried changing my password and it gave me the following pop-up…

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/fetchr/panels/UpdatePassword.pane.php on line 34