I just wanted to quickly give everyone an update on what we’re working on for FetchReport.com:
- NACHI Agreement Integration - Make sure that your client has signed your inspection agreement before they’re able to download your report.
- Branded FetchReport - Let your clients download your reports directly from your web site, and have all e-mail from FetchReport.com reference your web site URL rather than FetchReport.com.
- Pay-Per-View Reports - Charge people a fee to view your inspection report.
- Confirm Payment Prior To Download - Ensure that your report has been paid for before it can be downloaded. We’re looking into online credit card processing and paypal integration, so you can accept payment for the report online through FetchReport.com if you wish.
- Phone Integration - Let FetchReport.com automatically call your clients with their username and password when you upload a report for them.
- Fax Integration - Let FetchReport.com fax your clients’ username and password to them when you upload a report, or even fax an entire copy of the report to them. We’re even looking into a way that you could fax your report to FetchReport.com and have it automatically converted to PDF and sent to your clients (for cases where you don’t have Internet access).
- Mailing Services - Either choose to mail a copy of the report to your client automatically when it’s uploaded, or give them the option to request a hard copy via FetchReport.com. This will be completely automatic–your PDF will be printed in full color and mailed first-class at the click of a button.
- Advanced/Non-Electronic Signatures - If you prefer to have a real signature on your inspection agreement, we’re working on a way to have your agreement physically signed through an automated process (your client prints out a signature form and faxes it in).
- E-mail Receipts/Failure Notices - Get notified when your client’s e-mail inbox is full or if you mis-typed his or her e-mail address.
- Send to Desktop - If you’re using the FetchReport.com PDF Creator, the new version will let you automatically send a copy to your desktop (or to a backup drive) so you can have a copy on your computer.
- High-Capacity/High-Availability Storage Through Amazon - We’re working with Amazon.com, Inc. to use their giant web infrastructure to make reports hosted with FetchReport.com even more reliable and faster to download.
- 100% Up-Time Network - We’re in the process of moving from our beta server to our full server system. Part of this upgrade will include a 100% network up-time guarantee.
- FetchReport-Friendly and FetchReport-Integrated 3rd Party Applications - We’re working with industry vendors to make their reporting software offer a FetchReport.com option out-of-the-box.
Usability Upgrades - We’ve been doing usability testing on the system and are constantly working to make it even easier and faster to use.
I’m really excited about all of this, particularly #7. Printing and mailing a report can be such a pain, particularly when you only have to do it every once in a while. By offering this service through FetchReport.com, you’ll be able to fill out one quick form and have everything else taken care of for you. And by making it a very flexible system, you’ll be able to choose what’s offered (binder/no-binder, include a copy of the Home Headstart Guide/don’t, etc) and how it’s offered (“I’ll pay for the printing and mailing of the basic report, but if my clients want a Home Headstart Guide charge them”).
FetchReport.com is turning into an all-in-one platform for everything that happens once the report is finished. Imagine this scenario:
Click “Print” in reporting software/Word/whatever
Fill out one-page form about report
Go to bed/play with kids/have a romantic night with spouse/all the things you couldn’t do 'cause you were too busy making sure the report got to everyone it needed to get to in the formats that it needed to be in and that everyone knew it was available and how to get it
**FetchReport’s Automated Steps
Converts file to universal PDF
Sends your client their username and password via e-mail
Calls your client to let them know that their report is ready and tell them what their username and password are
Prints a copy of your report, puts it in an envelope, and mails it to your client (once the client has signed the agreement and paid for the report)
Receives a phone call letting them know their report is available
Signs your inspection agreement
Pays for the inspection
Downloads the report for viewing on their computer
Receives the report in the mail a day or two later
Refers you to all their friends
Real Estate Agent’s Steps
Receives a phone call letting them know their client’s report is finished and available
Downloads the report so they can discuss it with their client
Refers you to all their future clients because the process was so easy
All this from the 30 second, one-page form you filled out.
Obviously I’m pretty excited about some of these new features… excuse my over-enthusiasm. I just can’t get over how great this service is turning out to be. A lot of this is in the early stages, but we should see new features in the system before the end of the year. I’ll keep y’all updated as things are developed.