Friday, June 24th, 2005

Here’s one of many quotes that some of you may recall… the author has since moved on, but the articles are still in the public domain - take a look for yourselves:

http://www.dirtminer.blogspot.com
Friday, June 24, 2005

Editor’s note: The Nonachi blog occasionally receives requests from readers to post their thoughts, most of which we decline. Occasionally we come across a well written piece that speaks the truth in a way we couldn’t and we’re proud to be publishing one of those today.

Recovering NACHI members offer us the best perspective of how the organization works. They signed on for the promises, and left upon learning the truth. Here’s a few words of perspective from a man who was once one of the highest ranking NACHI members in Canada, Gil Strachan:

I’m posting my thoughts here fo all to read, and making myself an obvious personal target. Why would I do this? To heighten awareness of the real purpose of NACHI, and to apply pressure on Nick to pay his advertsing bills up here in Trenton and Montreal.

Simply put, NACHI is the invention of Nick Gromicko. It was originally designed to skirt PA licensing requirements; and to allow him to practice real estate while doing home inspections. ASHI wouldn’t let him do it, so he created a front called NACHI which, by his own design, wouldn’t question his status. A surprising thing happened… lots of people heard about it and wanted to buy the credentials they couldn’t earn. That goofy online test is meant to sanctify it all in the public’s eye. We all know about Invisi-NACHI and Infanti-NACHI, but it all started when Nick’s ethical deficit couldn’t find a home in the many respectable HI organizations, so he did what he had to do. Inventa-NACHI. This inevitably led to a short burst in membership, which he tried to leverage into to dreamy-eyed programs like ADRS, CRF, LDF and lots of other money-making schemes which benefit Nick, who is after all the sole owner and shareholder of NACHI.

The membership side of the organization steams ahead on the backs of good-willed, un-witting volunteers just like me… I did it for a year. We started to realize that everything created in Kingston, we had created for ourselves… the drive to do it came from the dream of a great organization with endless ideas and unlimited potential. If you look at the unbelievable benefits NACHI offers, you might wonder how it could all be possible, and when you learn how few of the benefits are actually delivered (aside from the odd trinket) you understand. It’s all sizzle and no steak.It’s an old formula, proven over the eons: Nick offers the world, delivers a little, and pockets the difference. Except he will pay you $10 to say something nice about NACHI in public and he’ll pay real estate agents $100/year to put a link to their HI search engine on their web site, too.

NACHI looks like a very powerful marketing machine… it looks like anyone in the HI biz would be stupid not to belong. Here’s one example of how it works… if you are a fervent volunteer and an active BBS poster you will recieve your mousepads and other trinkets, leading you to post a lot of good hype about Nick and NACHI - and to dispell any criticisms from the nay-sayers who might not have received their mousepads (or whatever.) Shoot, he’ll even invent a chapter and make you president, if you’ll trade your soul for it. Here’s some examples of fantasic promises never kept: - the Realtor email newsletters for members (never happened)

• the mousepad program (half assed support at best)
  • ads in Real Estate Book (never happened)
  • IQ newspaper rack at every Re?Max office in North America (never happened)
  • Real TIMES mag to every Realtor in North America (still waiting)
  • Consumer Recovery Fund - this was a great gag to attract new members, but when Wayne Fulton and his crew actually created it - Nick refused to support it. It’s gone now, but would appear to still exist.
  • The InterNACHI Convention was a GO… Nick wanted to have “the biggest show on earth” in Kingston. Lorraine Shalitis spent a lot of time securing deals, co-ordinating with the travel industry and the city of Kingston, and preparing a management proposal - Nick dropped the ball, and now claims to have never authorized any such activity.
  • Two large ad companies inserted NACHI ads in hundreds of real estate folders throughout Canada and the US without deposit, and have never been paid for their work. Although Nick displayed samples on this website, he claimed to have already paid, subsequently denied authorization, and then claimed non-delivery and refuses to pay.
  • Nick announced that he was on the board of directors of NFCI. When NFCI was exposed as an identity-theft scam, Nick had absolutely no comment, except to mention that he thought William Harrison seemed like a nice guy.
    -It was mentioned the other day on one of the other boards that Towers Perin, NACHI’s supposed E&O carrier isn’t actually an insurance company, but a business consulting firm who have never even heard of NACHI. To date this has not been refuted.

NACHI members and non-members alike shouldn’t believe everything they read from Nick and his tightest cronies, and avoid disbelieving everything they read elsewhere. If everything Nick said were true, it shouldn’t be hard for him to produce evidence for it, right?:

Ask Nick again, why does he maintain the NACHI office in CO while maintaining a PA mailing address?
What does the straw man MAB actually do?
Is token removal of the Blind Inspector BS their sole achievement?
What function does the President (or the ED for that matter) serve, and why do we never hear from him?
Why does NACHI suffer with the torment and embarassment of that sliver of our field which has even heard of it?
Why do the NAR and all North American Federal governmental organizations consult ASHI and other HI orgs, and never consider NACHI in their policy deliberations?
In fact, why is it that the majority of home inspectors and the OVREWHELMING majority of other real estate professionals have never even heard of NACHI before?

Gil Strachan

posted by NoNachi at 3:44 AM | 50 comments ](http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=10550934&postID=111961046526093740) ](http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=10550934&postID=111961046526093740&quickEdit=true)

Ahh the ole blog… I remember those good ole days well :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Old news, Still the same bs almost 2 years later except gromicko moved to Idaho, Back to Pa and back again to Colorado, add in a few more underlivered promises, along with new lies and continued bashing others in this profession…Heck ole bushy is still there and still believing nick.
Guess things will never change.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Funny how nothing changes, except of course the members. The new ones come in and defend NACHI to the death, then they find out how things really are and then they move on and a new member steps up to take their place.

It is a never ending cycle…

You’re right. things won’t change.

Back then, Jim Morrison and Chad Fabry were publishing the imminent demise of NACHI…with members leaving “in droves”.:smiley: :smiley: Today, we have capped at 10,000.

Nick was taking our dues and running off with the money…leaving us to starve in a cold and uncaring world.:smiley: :smiley:

NACHI was about to fold, the media was preparing to bury us, and real estate agents all over the world were reading the blog every day to find more reasons why not to refer any leads to NACHI inspectors.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nope…it never changes…New critics pop up here and there…then disappear into oblivion. Hell, you can’t even get a good argument going over at Hannigan’s place anymore.

Things never change. NACHI still rules.:wink:

Jason

Looks like CAHPI-OAHI are running scared! They have brought out the losers who don’t have any dirt except an archived list.

Lets talk about the financial irregularities within OAHI who it turns out has rec’d taxpayer funding. Except it doesn’t look like its been declared in the financial documents which have been released. More questions raised then answered as usual.

Where has the money gone?

Isn’t Jim Morrison a dead singer/song writer who led a wild life style and had some good hits? :wink: He was so successful things caught up with him and now instead of composing stories and songs about Nachi, he is now “decomposing.”

:mrgreen::mrgreen::shock::shock:

Yaaa…he’s decomposing alright. Right in the shi+ter…

“Click toilet, to watch the action”

When the going gets tough, the tough go to the crapper! :slight_smile: Either that or they take Metamucil. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

“Click toilet, to watch the action”
chad.GIF

The “talking head”! Love it! :slight_smile:

Yaa, I made this a couple years ago, when the guys, (including CHAD), were raising hell on this board.

Funny thing. I read Gil’s vitriol and automatically thought of Albert Speer. He too came clean after the fact. That appears to be their M.O. - enjoy the benefits until they find that they cannot manipulate the system to their own ends and then jump off and confess that they had been taken in by the big bad leader.
Herr Speer did jail time. Gil? . . . Not so much.:mrgreen:
</IMG>

True.

The most amusing aspect to these freaks is their obsessive concern for my personal well being. All of them…Gil, dan harris, Jim Morrison, Chad Fabry…love me and care about me so much that they will spend hour upon hour doing everything they can to save me from the evils that are sure to destroy me if I fail to “see the light”.

You really have to laugh when you consider how pathetic they are. It’s got to be killing them to watch how NACHI has not only survived, but actually thrived and grown, exponentially, without them.

"they will spend hour upon hour doing everything they can to save me from the evils that are sure to destroy me if I fail to “see the light”."

**Hmmm. You don’t suppose they are Liberal / Democrats do you?:mrgreen:

Back then, Jim Morrison and Chad Fabry were publishing the imminent demise of NACHI…with members leaving “in droves”.:smiley: :smiley: Today, we have capped at 10,000.
True. If you count the total inspectors that ever joined nachi.
Now if nick would only post the true #s that are current members, and not automatically renew members that went out of business, of course you’ll never see that as that is the only way that he can con venders to join his org to make it look like he has something to offer that no other org can.:roll: :roll:

Real estate agents all over the world were reading the blog every day to find more reasons why not to refer any leads to NACHI inspectors.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
They are still trying to figure that one out, All they have to do is read this BB to see what the self appointed spokes people for nachi have to say to make their decision to go else where .:smiley: :smiley:

Nick was taking our dues and running off with the money…leaving us to starve in a cold and uncaring world
You still don’t have a clue where you memberships $s go to:roll: :roll:

Nope…it never changes…New critics pop up here and there…then disappear into oblivion. Hell, you can’t even get a good argument going over at Hannigan’s place anymore.
Are you that Harvy Wallbanger ? Guy from Mo. over there that no body pays attenion to?

Things never change. NACHI still rules.
For what… Breaking the record for the most lies, non delivered benifits, false information and garbage on a public HI BB??:roll: :roll: :roll:

Good ol’ dan, still working hard to try to save us from Nick.:smiley: :smiley:

I think Dan needs saving from himself. :slight_smile:

Sorta the same questions I and others have about CAHPI-OAHI.

Try and call the OAHI office and ask where Head Office is? They will hang up on you or not answer the phone, or return calls! And they have to tell anyone because not to makes OAHI in contravention of the Corporations Act in Ontario.

Or so you like to believe. They probably don’t care about you, but Morrison and Fabry cared about all the novice home inspectors who got sucked into the NACHI vortex. Fabry gave up the good fight for lack of time and the janitor threatened Morrison, so he backed off. The janitor is an expert at threatening people. Remember when he threatened to sue Lorraine Shalitis, and take her home for a test inspection house? And what about the TV station that pulled the online video about the 12 year-old CMI? Most people will back off because its not worth it, and the janitor knows that if he applies a little pressure he can maintain his pipeline. Which side are you on Bushfart? The naive, or the crooked?

I think that my position is quite clear and has not changed from day one, unlike Gil…former “NACHI Member of the Year”… who only turned on Nick and NACHI when he did not get his way after he mistakenly thought that Nick would help him finance his personal business venture and financially extended himself before an agreement was struck. Until a bad business move on his part cost him a few bucks…he was praising NACHI and Nick to anyone who would listen to him. Today, it is very few who listen.

Hey Gilbert I thought you spelt your name with one “L”?

If Nachi is so bad as persistently portrayed by only a few, and with no real evidence other then verbal allegations, you don’t seem to be able to substantiate anything.

Speaking of naive or crooked which are you Gill? I would pick crooked, it fits you to a tee!

Hey big guy, you and Bushfart should get married. It would last 75 years.