Nick sues for fun and profit

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nonachi.blogspot.com

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Gilbert Strachan wrote:

Anonymous said...
( GIL ) NACHI rules? Where did the topic go where Nick stated that Alan Carson and members of his family

( GIL )Too bad you must have been away .
( GIL) Going to the blog for news is not the way to keep up .
( GIL )They seldom get their information correct.
( GIL ) This difficulty looks like it has been fixed to the satisfaction of all.

( GIL )Too BAD ! come back more often and stay up to date .
(GIL )NACHI the place where the good ones use their real names not anonymous or a phony name like we know who! ( GIL )

Roy Sr.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: rwand

Hi Gil

I would like to thank you for finally having the balls to post under your real name! Congratulations.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: dharris

Quote:
Where did the topic go where Nick stated that Alan Carson and members of his family

Good question, Nick stated several times in the past that he never deletes his posts.

The posts were pulled I believe as part of the agreement/settlement between Nick and Carson Dunlop.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

rcooke wrote:
Gilbert Strachan wrote:

Anonymous said...
( GIL ) NACHI rules? Where did the topic go where Nick stated that Alan Carson and members of his family

( GIL )Too bad you must have been away .
( GIL) Going to the blog for news is not the way to keep up .
( GIL )They seldom get their information correct.
( GIL ) This difficulty looks like it has been fixed to the satisfaction of all.

( GIL )Too BAD ! come back more often and stay up to date .
(GIL )NACHI the place where the good ones use their real names not anonymous or a phony name like we know who! ( GIL )

Roy Sr.

Take another sip, Roy...

![](upload://kjovZ5FaxYyy4bGIo5DB6kslsvP.jpeg)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Ray Wand is correct, as part of a settlement agreement we had to pull the threads. In the legal briefs filed by the plaintiff claiming NACHI infringed on someone’s copyright, the plaintiff’s attorneys included quotes from this message board. If you look at the bottom of every page of this message board and the front home page of NACHI.org you will note that everything written here is copyrighted. In other words, the plaintiff’s attorneys violated our copyright in their own pleadings complaining about copyright infringement. It just doesn’t get any funnier than that.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

gromicko wrote:
Ray Wand is correct, as part of a settlement agreement we had to pull the threads. In the legal briefs filed by the plaintiff claiming NACHI infringed on someone's copyright, the plaintiff's attorneys included quotes from this message board. If you look at the bottom of every page of this message board and the front home page of NACHI.org you will note that everything written here is copyrighted. In other words, the plaintiff's attorneys violated our copyright in their own pleadings complaining about copyright infringement. It just doesn't get any funnier than that.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Chuckle.

Hey Nick

Like my corporate saying goes.....The value of experience is not in seeing much, but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905.

I am not seeing much in Mr. Strachan, but I am sure seeing him wisely so is everyone else.
![icon_mrgreen.gif](upload://tbe1CncrrOs48cXpHvziOT8r0T3.gif)

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: dbowers

I’m really confused - I looked at the link to the “Kick NACHI” website and they have a lot of conflicting information. One example that jumped to mind was the Brinks Program. As an ASHI Member for over 20 years, I remember well the night Brinks did a presentation for the local “ASHI” Chapter. AS past President of the Great PLains ASHI Chapter, I’d guess that half our local membership utilized the Brinks Program at one time.

When you go on ASHI's web site today and link to various inspectors web sites you'll find a bunch of ASHI guys that still use the Brinks Program.

I was on the web site about a week ago of one of ASHI's past National Presidents and his site had several links to preferred vendors, contractors alarm companies, etc like the Brinks Program, etc.

I was cruising the ASHI guys web sites in or around Kansas City looking for new ideas and came up with about 7-9 doing lead or asbestos testing. I had my secretary shop a few - all told her they did lead or asbestos samplings. She asked if they did it themselves or used someone else. All but 1 indicated they did it themselves - we've had lead and asbestos inspector licensing for 10 years - none of them are licensed.

In short - do your own stuff and ignore the rest of the turkeys.

Originally Posted By: kgraham

I don’t keep up with these message boards too much anymore because they just get goofier and goofier.

But I am interested in who is Gilbert Strachan and what does he have to do with NACHI? He isn’t even a member.

(Remember what I said about goofy posts?)

Originally Posted By: bbadger

Gilbert Strachan wrote:

Take another sip, Roy...

![](upload://kjovZ5FaxYyy4bGIo5DB6kslsvP.jpeg)

Gil your so clever and funny

KoolAid, I get it that is a reference to Jim Jones.

Bare with me cause I be a little slow in the head.

Nick would be Jim Jones and the members here would be on their way to the promised land?

Thats funny.

Nothing makes me laugh more than a reference to the deaths of 638 adults and 276 children, how funny.

And what makes it better is it is not even a dated reference, it's so cutting edge, fresh and not overused by the NACHI bashers

Keep'em coming soon you will be on the road with this comedy act of yours.

Before you ask what this has to do with me, I will tell you.

Really nothing, but I figure if you can have 60+ posts that have no redeeming value I can add a few more.

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

As president of NACHI-ECO, I posted several hundred useful messages before I was booted for questioning Nick’s business practices. It looks like 50 messages at this time, because I’ve had to open new accounts using different spellings or contractions of my name.

Why would I do this? To heighten awareness of the real purpose of NACHI, and to force Nick to pay his advertsing bills up here in Trenton and Montreal.

It's very simple. NACHI is an invention of Nick Gromicko, originally designed to skirt PA licensing requirements, and to allow him to practice real estate while doing home inspections... ASHI wouldn't let him do it, so he created a front called NACHI which wouldn't question his status. A surprising thing happened... lots of people wanted to get a credential for $289.00 without going to school. The goofy online test allows it.

This eventually led to a massive increase in membership, which led to dreamy-eyed programs like ADRS, CRF, LDF and lots of other money-making schemes which benefit Nick, who is after all the sole owner and shareholder of NACHI. The membership side of the organization steams ahead on the backs of good-willed, un-witting volunteers just like me... I did it for a year. We started to realize that everything created in Kingston, we had created for ourselves... the drive to do it came from the dream of a great organization with endless ideas and unlimited potential.

If you look at the unbelievable benefits offered, you might wonder how it could all be possible, and when you learn how few of the benefits are actually realized (aside from the odd trinket) you understand how it's possible.

Nick offers a lot, delivers a little, and pockets the change.

At its best, NACHI is mediocre marketing service for its members, and at worst it is a pyramid scheme the likes of which may never have previously existed - and which makes the old boys at Amway look like amateurs.

On the surface, due to the hype and spin applied, NACHI looks like a very powerful marketing machine... it looks like anyone in the HI biz would be stupid not to belong. Here's one example of how it works... if you are a fervent volunteer and an active BBS poster you will recieve your mousepads and other trinkets, leading you to post a lot of good hype about Nick and NACHI - and to dispell any criticisms from the nay-sayers who might not have received their mousepads (or whatever.)

Here's some examples of fantasic promises never kept:
- the Realtor email newsletters for members (never happened)
- the mousepad program (half assed support)
- ads in Real Estate Book (never happened)
- IQ newspaper rack at every Re?Max office in North America (never happened)
- Real TIMES mag to every Realtor in North America (still waiting)
- Consumer Recovery Fund - this was a great gag to attract new members, but when Wayne Fulton and his crew actually created it - Nick refused to support it. It's gone now, but would appear to still exist.
- The InterNACHI Convention was a GO... Nick wanted to have "the biggest show on earth" in Kingston. Lorraine Shalitis spent a lot of time securing deals, co-ordinating with the travel industry and the city of Kingston, and preparing a management proposal - Nick dropped the ball, and now claims to have never authorized any such activity.
- Two large ad companies inserted NACHI ads in hundreds of real estate folders throughout Canada and the US without deposit, and have never been paid for their work. Although Nick displayed samples on this website, he claimed to have already paid, subsequently denied authorization, and then claimed non-delivery and refuses to pay.
- Nick announced that he was on the board of directors of NFCI. When NFCI was exposed as an identity-theft scam, Nick had absolutely no comment, except to mention that he thought William Harrison seemed like a nice guy.

It was mentioned the other day on one of the other boards that Towers Perin, NACHI's supposed E&O carrier isn't actually an insurance company, but a business consulting firm who have never even heard of NACHI.

NACHI members and non-members alike should avoid believing everything they read from Nick and his tightest cronies, and avoid disbelieving everything they read elsewhere.

Ask Nick again, why does he maintain the NACHI office in CO while maintaining a PA mailing address?
    What does the straw man MAB actually do? Is token removal of the Blind Inspector BS their sole achievement?
    What function does the President serve, and why do we never hear from him?
    What ever became of Joe Farsetta?
    Why does NACHI suffer with the tormet and embarassment of http://www.nonachi.blogspot.com while none, absolutely none of the other orgs have any such watchdog breathing down their necks?

Some of Nick's richer gems:

Nick never takes any money out of NACHI because doesn't make money. NACHI is supported by Nick who is independently wealthy, and other "angels" who love NACHI. NACHI doesn't have to pay any taxes, provide any records and it's OK to pass cash without receipts. NACHI actually has 9400 members because all 4700 are also members of InterNACHI, so that makes 9400. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I don't care what anyone thinks of me... but anyone with a smidge of business accumen would think twice about placing all his eggs in the NACHI basket - or perhaps the repercussions of NACHI labelling, when the heat's on and Nick pulls the pin.

Originally Posted By: lewens

Then why in the hell did you get involved in the first place, Mr. Strachan?

I did my homework before joining the association and was not very impressed with OAHI/CAHPI. With that organization it was, pay me now and I will let you go out and do 250 inspections so you can become an RHI and then we’ll talk about you being able to use the member status of OAHI/CAHPI.

NACHI was about helping me grow my business and what they were going to do for me not what I was going to do for them. In the short time I have been a member I have met a lot of good people in the industry, I’ve had a good time and I like to think have made a few friends. The info I have received and knowledge gained has been a bonus without, I might add, it costing a fortune. I don’t go around trashing other associations like you do and if you didn’t like the fact that I called you an asshole maybe you should take a good look in the mirror. From where I sit, Mr. Strachan, you are the biggest asshole I have run into in a long time and believe me, coming from Quebec, I have run into a few but you sir put them to shame.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Good post Larry!

I am a perfect example of how Oahi treats some of its members!

Cheers
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: eporter

Gil,

If Larry can still can you an a$$hole after everything you just wrote about Nick’s steaming pile of crap, then he must be drunk on Nick’s kool-aid.

Anyone else would be embarrassed to be involved with a group that has a ringleader with such a shady history.

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: bsumpter

Quote:
Anyone else would be embarrassed to be involved with a group that has a ringleader with such a shady history.

And yet, here you are...

![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--
"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the mind that is prepared"

Louis Pasteur

Originally Posted By: eporter

Yes…here I am continuing to be embarrassed for the koolaid drinkers that continue to defend and encourage the lunatic actions (and inactions) of their head ringleader.

You can't buy this type of entertainment.

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: bbadger

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
I don't care what anyone thinks of me....

Well that is obvious. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

Originally Posted By: bsumpter

Quote:
Yes...here I am continuing to be embarrassed for the koolaid drinkers that continue to defend and encourage the lunatic actions (and inactions) of their head ringleader.

You can't buy this type of entertainment.

As a non-member...it seems you don't pay. What a shocker

![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--
"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the mind that is prepared"

Louis Pasteur