Disappearing Threads...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted By: eporter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Why do Nick’s slanderous posts disappear?

I was just checking to see the latest on the Carson lawsuit, and it's gone. ![eusa_think.gif](upload://lNFeGuTetUAtwNVgUSOuUzgrGGK.gif)

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Quick…lock the doors. Nobody leaves until we find this valuable thread…you know, the one that Carson’s lawyer required NACHI to delete as a part of the settlement.

While we are at it, let's see if Jimmy Hoffa is around here, someplace. Hey, look over there in the Members Only" section...I think I see a glove that fits OJ Simpson.

My gosh, what next?!!! Before long, people will discover that the names "L.H. Oswald" and "Gromicko" have the same number of letters. Nick, exactly where were you on November 22, 1963, anyway? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Settlement? What settlement?

Did Nick's lawsuit go awry? Oh gee, where is that Carson Dunlop egg scraper?

That lawsuit went the way of the credit union, military service proof, NAHI demise, tax records, the radio show, and every other over-hyped Gromicko farce (i.e. Lie).

I am glad to have the Gromicko toilet paper, it's about time he's had a taste of the sh*t he's been feeding the kool-aid drinkers for years.

Jim, I'll bet you'll be first line in again.

--

Ed Porter
Grand Haven, MI

Ed,

Before we go further with this pissing contest, Ed, I should warn you that I have a full bladder, an enlarged prostate, I take a diaretic for high blood pressure and am diabetic. The odds of you "out pissing" me are slim to none. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan

So which is it Jim… are you dirty, or just naive?

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
So which is it Jim... are you dirty, or just naive?

You forgot to offer me the third and correct alternative, Gil. I am neither dirty or naive. I'm right. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

You seem like a pretty smart guy… I doubt whether you really believe what you’re saying. What’s in it for YOU, anyway? If it’s just wanting to be a member of something, forget it. Nobody really needs these orgs, and NACHI… you need that thing, like a hole in the head.

Gil,

Some folks associate with organizations to see what they can get. Others, such as myself, like to contribute something. NACHI provides the opportunity to blaze a trail in this relatively new profession of ours and to make a positive mark.

A few years from now, when the industry is being regulated by the states/provinces and membership in an association is no longer used by many for purposes of prestige or to otherwise illustrate competence, it will be all about marketing.

NACHI has already run several laps around the marketing "track" while the rest have yet to leave the starting gate. Being in on the ground floor is exciting. That is why I'm here.

Why not join us? You can still belong to your other groups as well. It's going to be getting better and better.

--

www.monachi.org

Jim,

I was the corrupt President of NACHI-ECO, putting hundreds of hours into promoting the org and recruiting dozens of members. I don't know how closely you might have followed the Canadian Forum for the thirteen months ending April 2005 but if you did, you might have seen what a sham I represented NACHI in the end.

I suggest you step back for a moment and take a look in, from the outside. No offense to the regular members, but it isn't a pretty picture. Mostly, because it isn't really an organization at all... it's grown into an overwhelming, self-perpetuating pyramid for PEOPLE LIKE ME who can pull the pin on anything, at any time he feels like it.

Originally Posted By: bbadger

I am confused can someone help me out?

Why do people who have such strong negative opinions of NACHI and / or Nick hang out monitoring and posting to the NACHI board?

When I don't like someone or something I generally move away from it and find something to do that I like.

Just a question from an outsider.....

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

Bob,

It’s like a car crash. You want to look away but ya just can’t.

It's become a hobby to watch Nick behave like a circus clown and then see all of his little clownlings try to clean up his never ending messes.

By the way, Jim...
Which one of my points (credit union, military service proof, NAHI demise, tax records, the radio show) are you able to clear up for me.

I am booked all day with these things called inspections (Jim, maybe you've heard of them), but I'll be drinking water all day, and will be ready later tonight.

--

Ed Porter
Grand Haven, MI

eporter wrote:
Bob,
It's like a car crash. You want to look away but ya just can't.

LMAO ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Well that was an unexpected response and it probably has a some truth in it. I guess that is the same reason I end up reading these threads.

However when I look at a car crash my reaction is to watch from a distance, not run my car into the pile.

Of course my posting here breaks that rule....

--
Bob Badger
Moderator at ECN

Originally Posted By: rwand

Ed

I think you should have an automated reply typed up that posts the same broken message over and over again that you keep delivering. Can you come up with something new, exciting, interesting, enlightening? I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, but haven't seen anything new, exciting, interesting, nor enlightening yet!

Come on stop disappointing me. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

eporter wrote:
By the way, Jim...
Which one of my points (credit union, military service proof, NAHI demise, tax records, the radio show) are you able to clear up for me.

Ed,

You really need to stop getting all of your NACHI information from Morrison and his defunct blog.

First, nothing you mentioned in your "points" come close to being relevant in determining NACHI's value to its members.

Whether we have a credit union or not matters little to me. If this is something Nick is still working on, fine. If he has abondoned this project for bigger and better things, that is even better.

NAHI's future may hinge on the outcome of the lawsuit pending (which your pal, Morrison, insists does not exist) which will end its primary means of providing clients to its members. Let's see how they fare when they are no longer allowed to pay kickbacks from its members' dues.

Nick's military service (for whatever reason it may matter to you, personally) was in ROTC for which DD 214's are not issued. Morrison was caught in his lie on his own blog, by the way, when he failed to produce mine in the same manner he stated he could obtain anyone else's but Nick's.

As to the radio show, I am personally glad that Marty Griffin opted out. By letting the matter die as we did, the last thing that people saw and will remember is the ASHI/PHIC inspector who acted negligently and, so far, represents the only association member highlighted by the media who has actually harmed a consumer.

As for putting his tax records on display in the internet, Nick would be a complete idiot to take this bait. I would prefer to see the tax records of Allan Morrison just to see if he actually still claims his son, Jim, as a dependent.

Come up with some "points" that are relevent to the association, Ed. You already have all you need for your "Nick Gromicko room". ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
Jim,

I was the President of NACHI-ECO, putting hundreds of hours into promoting the org and recruiting dozens of members. I don't know how closely you might have followed the Canadian Forum for the thirteen months ending April 2005 but if you did, you might have seen what a sham NACHI represented to us in the end.

Gil,

I regret that your personal experience with NACHI was less than what you had expected. I have read and heard several versions of what happened with your advertising fiasco. Some versions have Nick as the bad guy and some have you acting either independently or fraudulently. Whatever the case may prove to be, it is regrettable, none the less.

I wish things had been handled differently from the very beginning in regard to the advertising debacle that separated you from us, on both sides.

I will remind you, Gil, that there was a time before your personal experience that soured you, that you felt the same level of enthusiasm and commitment toward NACHI that I and others do. You would not have taken on the challenges you did if you hadn't. Your feelings about NACHI, today, have nothing to do with its exams, standards, ethics or value to the consumer - but have everything to do with your perception of personal injustice.

--

www.monachi.org

bbadger wrote:
Why do people who have such strong negative opinions of NACHI and / or Nick hang out monitoring and posting to the NACHI board?

To try to educate present and future members in the reality of what NACHI is doing to the home inspection industry, and what Nick Gromicko's real agendas have been, and have become.

Originally Posted By: dharris

Quote:
A few years from now, when the industry is being regulated by the states/provinces and membership in an association is no longer used by many for purposes of prestige or to otherwise illustrate competence, it will be all about marketing.

It's all about marketing?
If you doing a professional job you may find that marketing is just a small part of belonging to and contribuating an org is.

After one is certified by a state, everyone is "placed on the same level"
in the states position.
Professional marketing by an org that requires and enforces The orgs ethics, Continued Ed., and provides a source of quality Hi continued Ed. will speak louder and prove most successful than, your prefered type of marketing, ie, non factual public bashing of other professionals and orgs in this business provided for you by Nick for the low fee of 289.00.

If you survive in this profession in a short time you will get 3 calls from prior and new poential customers.

1, You did an inspection for my friend, when can you do one for us?

2, You did an inspection for us x years ago and now we are buying anothe home, when can you do it?

3, You did an inspection x time ago, we sold our home and the buyers inspector found several things that you missed, the inspector told us many of the items were required to be identified by state standards and should have been caught by our inspector. What are you going to do about this?

I don't know about you, # 1 & #2 are the only calls I want to receive. Neither of these items have any thing to do with marketing if you don't have the qualificiations and experience that others in the profession have.

Quote:
Why not join us? You can still belong to your other groups as well. It's going to be getting better and better.
[/quote]

With your current spokesperson, owner, dictator, there is no chance in He-- that things will get better. The owner of your so called org is more interested in being the largest, "and collecting 289.00 from you to tell the world that NACHI is the largest HI org." with no priorty on providing his inspectors, membership requirments that are marketed to the public as membership requirments that make NACHI members a better inspector than members of other orgs.

The recent public bashing of another professional in this profession is just another current reminder why I am glad I'm no longer a member of your org, you can be assured in another 30 days or so another reminder will appear on you open BB.

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
bbadger wrote:

To try to educate present and future members in the reality of what NACHI is doing to the home inspection industry, and what Nick Gromicko's real agendas have been, and have become.

Do you think your method is effective? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

The only members you are reaching are the forum readers.

Forum readers have most likely seen all the issues.

I have no stake in NACHI, I hang here because I think HIs can make a difference in electrical safety and I can help them do that.

Having said that as an outsider looking in I find that most of the NACHI bashing posts come across as sour grapes and are only hurting the membership you claim you want to educate.

Just My Unbiased Opinion, Bob

--
Bob Badger
Moderator at ECN

Bob,

Some of these guys act like jilted lovers.

My girlfriend dumped me and now I have to be sure that every guy in town who might want to take her out will know that she is a terrible, horrible person who administers unproctored exams and lied about serving in the military and probably will never really start a credit union.

Typically, when most guys move on to a new and better girlfriend, they let it go and no longer call her, hang out in front of her house, visit her message board and use fictitious names to try to say mean things about her and start blogs that present grossly slanted editorials about her.

But then, some girls are just so darned good that the guy never gets over her. He is obsessed with her. He reads through every post on her message board looking for a hint of a flaw that he can exploit and, hopefully, convince himself that he is better off without her.

These guys don't need to belong to an association of home inspectors. They need therapy. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

dharris wrote:

If you survive in this profession in a short time you will get 3 calls from prior and new poential customers.

1, You did an inspection for my friend, when can you do one for us?

2, You did an inspection for us x years ago and now we are buying anothe home, when can you do it?

3, You did an inspection x time ago, we sold our home and the buyers inspector found several things that you missed, the inspector told us many of the items were required to be identified by state standards and should have been caught by our inspector. What are you going to do about this?

I don't know about you, # 1 & #2 are the only calls I want to receive. Neither of these items have any thing to do with marketing if you don't have the qualificiations and experience that others in the profession have.

Dan,

While I do not disagree with anything you said, here, I do not see how it relates to what association a person may or may not belong to, if any at all.

I have "googled" the heck out of trying to find one solitary example of a NACHI inspector being singled out for negligence anywhere in the world, and can not find a single one. I did run across a few from other associations. Not NACHI.

A good home inspector, no matter what association he belongs to or what kind of continuing education his association will require, will do everything he can to learn everything he can to do a good job.

Doing a good job as a home inspector is more than simply meeting the minimum expectations of the law or an association - it is doing the very best you can for your client and doing this for as many clients as your schedule will accommodate.

NACHI bashers always lose their arguments and they do so, not because their points are always bad (we, like all associations, have many ways in which we can and will improve) but because they generalize and try to put the same label on over 5000 people. It doesn't work.

Come on back, Dan. Give what you can and take what you need. NACHI is a good place to do a whole lot of good.

--

www.monachi.org