FSBO Marketing Letter

I was crafting a letter to direct mail FSBO prospects for sellers inspections. I emailed a draft to Nick for him to review. He forwarded it to Kate Tarasenko, who corrected my sloppy grammar, added some text, changed some text, and made it into what I think is a real nice marketing piece. I wanted to share it with all of you and see what you thought. If anyone is interested in it, email me and I will send you the Word file.

For some reason the images get fuzzy in the .pdf. The images print nice and look great in Word.

Thanks to Nick and Kate for all your help. I will be mailing some out tomorrow.

Drew

You’re welcome, Drew! :wink:

I am sorry for completely butchering your name.:oops: I corrected my post.:wink:

Looks great! How do you get the names and addresses of the people selling that are selling their home?

I am using FSBO websites and drive bys getting address with public county records reference to address for owner name.

FSBO sites (like in the link) are a good source. But a lot depends on where you want to move and where from. If you are staying close to your previous home, you can find homes for sale and names a little easier, sometimes even by word of mouth. Online, almost always the name is with the home.

SPAM!

It looks like I didn’t quite get Michael’s question. Looks like he was asking a question regarding the original post, sorry. I read it as a question of how you can find for sale by owner homes, so that was my bad.

Your post had nothing to do with FSBO searches. We don’t appreciate non-members spamming our MB.

As crazy as this sounds, I just looked at the link and you’re right, it has nothing to do with FSBO. But I have used the site before, and it was a FSBO site, so I just typed the URL in. Maybe the domain name was bought, or the company changed its services. Again, sorry, I didn’t know the site was like that, the last time I went there it was an FSBO website.

Thanks for trying, Greg. Share whatever links you have that are current. This market is something I am currently exploring.

Okay, thank you. If the site goes back to what it used to be, I’ll be sure to let you know. I really had no idea the site had changed, right here is Google’s last cache of it, and it is still about FSBO, so I don’t know what happened.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.paisleydoor.com%2F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1MOZA_en___US384

Thanks James

James, In your marketing letter (which is great) it says, the purpose of the (pre listing/move in certified) sellers inspection is to identify major defects in the home. Why would you say or want to limit it to only major defects. I report all defects in my inspections, whether major, minor and also the ones in between.

Joe, the purpose of that statement is to set an “expectation” for the client. To set the expectation that all issues big and small will be picked up and reported on, sounds great for the message board, but is unrealistic. The realistic expectation is that all major issues that affect the home will be reported on. I don’t think the letter limits anything, it does let the client know what to expect.

I would be interested in a word copy of this letter. Thank you

I have noticed that, in my area, many houses stay on the market for many months or over a year. I think that maybe an advantage of Move-in certified program for the seller is that the Move-In sign on the front lawn can help the house stand out among the many other houses for sell in the neighborhood, resulting in perhaps shorter selling time period. Does that sound like a good selling point?

Up here you almost never get them (seller inspection), realtors are really set in their ways about “if we dont find it, we dont have to disclose it” mentality.

They dont seem to get disclosing it or repairing takes it off the table pretty much durring the inspection response period.

Maybe its hope that the buyers inspector will not notice…

Has anyone tried this marketing tactic? I am considering it and was wondering about typical response rates.

John

Here is the Word file for those who want it. I have been getting requests for it.