Future Protege

Originally Posted By: George Johnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

HI. I’m looking to get started in the H I Industry. I’ve looked long and hard but there is no training available in NY except for on-line. I took an on-line course through strattford career institute and did very well but I wouldn’t use this training for nothing more than just a learning basis on what the H I business consists of. I’m really looking for someone in the New York area who is willing to take me under there wing & invest a little time in getting me started. Maybe we can work out an arrangement because I know nothing is for free. I promise it wouldn’t be time wasted. I’m a very hard worker, good listener and I take criticism very well. In fact I encourage it. It helps me learn & grow. I have no other prior experience other than this on-line training course and being the local handy man. (Just think of it as a challenge for you icon_wink.gif )If anyone has any advice or help it would be greatly be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: pdacey

George,

Welcome to the BB. You may have better success if you go to the home page or www.findaninspector.us and search for inspectors by a specific area and contact them directly. You may also find that you will have to travel a bit to find someone willing to train you. Some people have a hard time training someone that will eventually be the competition.

If you want to travel to sunny (and freakin hot) south Texas, you can ride along with me.

Good luck!

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: George Johnson

Patrick,

Thanks for the advice. I'm also willing to travel but not that far ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) .
I really appreciate your hospitality.

--
I'd rather try and fail than fail to try.