Good for Alberta recognition...what about Ontario?

Okay so that sounds good for our fellow inspectors in Alberta Inachi being recognized!
I say don’t drop the ball on this one! Please get recognition in Ontario before they try licensing here!

REGULAR MB READERS KNOW THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE VESTED INTEREST IN KEEPING INTERNACHI OUT OF RECOGNITION IN ONTARIO.

There is no time like the present for fighting to get recognition for Inachi in Ontario as everyday “others” are mounting there assault against Internachi’s credability. Their schools and books/cds stand allot to lose as there are more hommies in Ontario then in any other province, therefore much revenue and power to be had by a self appointed select few. IMO

I have seen on other websites that their associations are getting ready now for recognition…not the month before!
Just a recent eg. link below.
http://www.phpic.ca/news.php

**Registration Form
**[FONT=Calibri][size=3]_______________________________________/_____________________________________________
Last Name First Name

Company Name
/______
Spouse/Guest Last Name Spouse/Guest First Name
///______
Mailing Address City Province Postal Code
//
Phone Fax E-Mail
[/size][/FONT]**[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Membership Type: **[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]PHPIC Member Retired Member Non-Member
[/size][/FONT]**Full Conference Registration
[FONT=Calibri][size=1]([/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]Welcome reception, Exhibition Hall, Seminars, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, Coffee breaks, Awards Banquet and dance).
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Through August 31[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]st [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Sept 1[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]st [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]– Sept. 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]After Sept. 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]PHPIC Member: $300.00 $325.00 $350.00
Non-Member $350.00 $375.00 $400.00
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]One Day Only
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=2](Registration includes Exhibition Hall, Friday Seminars, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and coffee breaks)
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]PHPIC Member: $150.00 $175.00 $200.00
Non-Member: $200.00 $225.00 $250.00
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Saturday with Banquet
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=2](Registration includes Exhibition Hall, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, coffee breaks, Awards Banquet and dance).
PHPIC Member: $200.00 $225.00 $250.00
Non-Member: $250.00 $275.00 $300.00
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Sunday AGM and closing ceremonies:
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Non-Member: $50.00 $50.00 $50.00
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Awards Banquet Only: [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]$75.00
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=4]INSPECTION CONNECTION 2011
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]October 28, 29 & 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Four Points Sheraton, Kingston, ON
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Attendee Information
**[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Please type or print name exactly as you wish it to appear on your name badge
REGISTRATION FEES:
Please review the registration options to ensure you select the package that best suits your needs
[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]**Spousal Tour:
**[FONT=Calibri][size=3]Saturday October 29[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]: Tour includes bus, museum admissions, and lunch at Fort Henry’s Officers Mess.
Tour details are available on our website under Education.
Through August 31[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]st [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]August 1[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]st [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]– Sept. 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]After Sept. 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]PHPIC Spouse: $35.00 $40.00 $45.00
Guest: $40.00 $45.00 $50.00
Registration + Spousal Tour + Certificate Course = Total
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=2]+ 13% HST
HST# 88740 4200 RT0001
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Grand Total
[/size][/FONT]**Payment: [FONT=Calibri][size=3](Payment must accompany completed registration form to be processed)
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, or cheque. Please make cheque payable to: Professional
Home and Property Inspectors of Canada.
VISA MasterCard Cheque Card #
_______________________________ Exp. Date ________
Name of Cardholder: _______________________________
Cardholder’s Signature: _____________________________
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]Cancellation Policy: [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=2]Should you wish to cancel your registration, please submit request in writing. Cancelations
made on or before Friday September 30[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=1]th [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=2]2011 will receive a refund of fees paid less $75.00 + HST administration
fee. Cancellations made after September 30, 2011 are non-refundable.
[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Please mail, email or fax completed registration forms to:
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][size=3]PHPIC
**[/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]174 River Road
Napanee, ON
K7R 3K8
Email: [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3][FONT=Calibri][size=3]info@phpic.ca [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3]Fax: 1-866-309-0340 [/size][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][size=3][FONT=Calibri][size=3]www.phpic.ca
[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

I am ready to step up to the plate.
I feel sorry for the people swayed by the OAHI association here. Ontario has always been closed to change and it is time to open their eyes. They need to see how much knowledge is shared across the message board of InterNachi. We are about as open as we can get. Many associations that succeed are linked in with professionals across the world. This is the only way to make Home Inspection a credible association of professional HIs.
No board of directors with influence can compete with this type of thinking.:smiley:
No inspection education outside of the Internet is needed.
Only mentoring for first 25 inspections.
Licensing is coming to a theater near you don’t miss the opening.

Scott

You are absolutely right, we in Ontario cannot afford nor want one association to dominate the licencing process. I cannot stress that enough.

We have already had a taste of what PHPIC tried to do by using CREA to implement its licencing driven agenda.

I do not think there are very many here who are swayed by OAHI .
Many from OAHI come here to find out information ,
They get very little info from their BOD .
Reading this Forum lets all know what is going on .
Please understand there is a self appointed group who come here to push their agenda and give no information and do not answer questions .
They are not very friendly.
If you have any info on (Licensing is coming to theater near you don’t miss the opening ) Please let me know .
I am led to believe that nothing much is happening at this time .
After the Ontario elections this could change .
There are meeting’s arranged and I can not give out any info now.
Roycooke@sympatico.ca

After the wringer the Alberta government put us through, approval by other governments should be a slam dunk. However do not under estimate your competitor assoc.
After our success here they will be much more vicious in their attacks.
Do not let them drag you down into the mud by retaliating. We stayed away from that here and I believe it paid off in the end.
Very hard to do but it works to our favour in the long run.

You all should attend the election forums and talk to the candidates and find out where they stand on this type of regulation.

As much as we dislike government interference in our businesses it is going to happen sooner or later. It’s better to be proactive to get the results that are most favourable.
The regulations here are not very good and need substantial changes and that is a whole lot harder then getting it right the first time.
Bonding is one such requirement that serve no purpose and cost $100.00 or more per year. Thats not much you say. It’s still money out of your pocket and means you have to take in $200.00 or more to cover the overheads.

How is it that there is no rhetorical response of any kind from Nick? I have to wonder if the fact that there are 3 inspect4u (Canachi) locations in Ontario might have something to do with it? Just thinking out loud!
Any way you look at it there is money to be made by someone and we all know the problems that money can create. A number of us lobbied to have inclusion to the CMHC referrals like caphi had been given …they removed caphi references but not without a fight. It is time for Inachi recognition in Ontario not when it is on the brink of licensing!

It is more the fault of The Homies on Ontario .
There is not an Ontario Nachi Chapter .
There has been many at least 8 start up and the support from Ontario Homies has not happened .

Roy

I agree with you Scott. We still have not been able to convince the government of the need. I will leave that fight to the veterans. I am not a veteran. I have been in business for about 11 years and Certified with Nachi 5 years.
Like I said in my message.
I AM WILLING TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE!:smiley:
I will mentor if called upon to do so by the GOVERNMENT but I am not holding my breath.

There is more going on behind the scenes that many know little of .
Sorry I can not give more info as we have a many from other associations who would like to destroy NACHI Canada… Roy

Keep up the fight Roy. I am behind you all the way to the end.:smiley:

Roy:

You talk of things going on behind the scenes but cant talk about it?

You constently rant about others not providing information.

Which side of the fence are you on?
Just asking.

BTW I have heard that the Ontario Gov. has no interest in licencing
Home Inspectors… all this talk is just worthless hype!

Cheers

Thanks Doug and what have you done for this our industry .
I have not seen any info added by you .
I also see you are a PHPIO member .
We all know Bill Mullen is desperate to know exactly what is happening with others and never gives out any facts .
Sorry Doug But I think you are in Bills Camp and no way do I want to jeopardize what could happen in the future .
Your letter sounds like Bill has helped with the writing .
Thanks for asking but I can not help you or PHPIO … Roy
I am on the side of the Canadian Home Inspector all the way no BS from me .
I am completly at arms length and have nothing to gain .

Roy, it seems to me that Doug is talking about YOU referring to other people as members of “secret society”, who are unwilling to share any info. I guess the info was revealed and explained many times before but was not accepted by YOU. Doug is also a member of NACHI. So am I. We are all business owners and belonging to one association or another is purely personal decision. Some choose to belong to a few associations, the others do not belong to any. This should not be deemed as being in someone’s camp. And the statements like yours about things going behind the scenes but not revealing any info make people wonder who belongs to a “secret society” here?

I see you think I need to give out all what I know then Give up and throw in the towel .
I ask you the same as I asked Doug what have YOU Done for the Home Inspection industry .
I have tried to communicate with Bill and others and just get called a liar .
I have not seen you two Give out or help out very much .
Sorry I stand by my past records .
I have not tried to make money of our inspectors .
I am completely removed from any profit making endeavors .
I have nothing to sell and do help in many ways .
I can not say that about many directors in OAHI/CAHPI or PHPIO.
I intend to carry on Helping this industry and am open to all ideas and info to help all Canadians .
If you have a better solution then please jump in and do your thing I would love to see a great future in Canada , But Liars ,cheaters Like Bill Mullen will not get help from me .

My bet is that you won’t hear from Nick until after the special interests are successful in purchasing a law from those in government who sell such things. He knows, as many of us do, how licensing laws have always proven to be harmful to consumers.

Once the law has been bought and paid for by others to advance their own agendas and interests … Nick will ensure that CMIs and InterNACHI education continue to help turn the chicken crap law into a more digestable chicken salad.

Yuri
And the statements like yours about things going behind the scenes but not revealing any info make people wonder who belongs to a “secret society” here
Exactly what I was talking about you too are an PHPIC member and come to the NACHI site .
You give zero information and do little that I can see to help the Ontario Home Inspector .
I have not seen say any thing about the directors not being at arms length from the industry .
All the best Hope we soon all can see a better way of doing things .

Roy

Actually the information given out by (names with held) has been fraught with embellishments, misinformation, and lies.

It doesn’t have to be accepted by Roy or anyone else with a brain who took time to research and write letters to find out what the truth is.

Big difference - so your inference - information from competitive associations does not have to be accepted as factual by Roy or anyone else for that matter. The other associations have realized that misinformation is not going to be accepted, hook, line and sinker.

Those other associations have their agendas and conflicts which is fine, but they should realize that any information they do release will be put under the microscope given their actions in the past.

As with any association there are those members who choose to be apathetic and keep their heads in the sand and not rock the boat.

Been there done that.

You might recall ( or you might not) that I made attempts to get all the players in the different associations together so that all the bickering would end.

No one was interested in getting together to resolve the issues.

As Yurie said, I choose to join PHPIC and I have been a interNACHI member for quite some time and I don’t need Bill or anyone else for that matter to help me with anything.

There is really no point in discussing this further because, as is well known, anyone who disagrees with you winds up in a pissing match.
Not going to happen,

Over and Out