GUTTERS

Originally Posted By: Gary Daniels
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m looking for a manufacture’s instructions for gutter installation. I’m doing some work on a friend’s home and the gutters that were installed are dumping directly onto the lower roof & fascia. He’s very indignant and tells me I don’t know what I’m talking about. Eight inches below this is another set of gutters that have a proper down spouts the could have been used for this purpose.

Thanks

Gary

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Gary,

What exactly does your friend say you don't know what you are talking about?

If you mean the gutter discharging onto the lower roof surface, no, it's not the preferred method but is quite common. It leads to faster surface breakdown and a more rapid need of replacement in that area.

I'd also be hesitating to work on a friends house who tells me I don't know what I am talking about. I'd probably climb down off the roof and tell him he's more than welcome to finish up himself. When you're done...come on over for a beer..cya!

But, that's just me! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

Sounds like he may have installed those gutters himself.

Jim Mosier

Originally Posted By: mcyr

icon_smile.gif

Sounds like your friend might be alright by himself, go fishing and have a cold one.

Marcel

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

if he is so much smarter than you, why isn’t he doing it himself? if he’s that smart, he can manage and maybe let you watch an “see how it’s done” nachi_sarcasm.gif