Have fun with this!

(Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792) #1

Found this on today’s inspection, water heater was installed in 2014 by a local handyman

0 Likes

(Dominic DAgostino, CMI HI3957) #2

Well at least he used primer…:shock:

0 Likes

(Michael Larson, WI Lic. # 1672-106) #3

Oh my, someone didn’t read the installation instructions.

0 Likes

(Michael S. Gleeson, 16000070526) #4

OOooffff. Did you leave it off?

0 Likes

(Chuck Evans, CMI TREC 7657) #5

That’s criminal

0 Likes

(Ian W. Mayer, CMI) #6

Wow!

What Chuck said, that’s just criminal.

0 Likes

(Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792) #7

The current seller was present and I brought it to their attention and explained how serious it was. Once the shock wore off they immediately began contacting a licensed plumber, not a handyman

0 Likes

(Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792) #8

I can’t believe it has lasted 4years

0 Likes

(Christopher Currins, CMI) #9

Is the warranty still good? :mrgreen:

0 Likes

(James F. McKee) #10

what Chuck said…

0 Likes

(Dave Fetty, CMI) #11

WOW!! Amazing it didn’t burn the house down!

0 Likes

(Douglas Cossar, CMI. NHI) #12

…….or kill someone!
Cheers

0 Likes

(Junior S. Fudge, 342226, 342230) #13

That’s just plain crazy!

0 Likes

(Dave Fetty, CMI) #14

Yea, that is important.

0 Likes

(Michael Bitterman, CMI HI7792) #15

This is a great example of when you notify the current seller of a hazardous situation. I have seen some of the newer inspectors question what information should be shared with the seller.

0 Likes

(Paul Dixon) #16

If I do this for another 20 years I’ll never get to a point where I can say “I’ve seen it all”.

0 Likes

(Anant Sharma) #17

Interesting topic to read. thanks

0 Likes

(Bob Rosinski) #18

there is no picture on my end.

0 Likes

(Chris Misner) #19

It looks like someone’s arm in going into the vent pipe. Are we sure the handyman isn’t still there. Creepy!

0 Likes