Help identifying list of defects

Sorry about that. Jim nailed it. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! I found out a little more by not being so lazy, lol. Might help others.
SER=Service entrance reinforcement type cable - used from service drop to meter and meter to panel.
LB is exactly what @jmilby said = the rectangular box used for a change of direction which has a weather sealed removable cover.
EGC is exactly what @jmilby said = Equipment grounding conductor.

Thanks @jmilby @rmeier2

SER is SE cable the R, means that it’s round (typically has 4 conductors for single phase) as opposed to SEU (3 conductors) which is shaped like NM cable (Romex).

3 Likes

Google is not my friend.

So a deeper dive.
SER is above ground for the connection from the drop to the meter and meter to the base? And USE is underground to the meter?

SE would be from weather head to meter and meter to panel if the is not overcurrent protection before panel.

SER would be from disconnect to panel. Used were a separate ground and neutral are needed.

5 Likes

BuildFax is your friend.

I include a BuildFax report link in my cover letter with the report. It isn’t 100% accurate sometimes, so I include a disclaimer. But it’s a good tool and costs $4.50 per report. I just include the fee in my price. The more tools you have, the better imho

1 Like

Main is mis-matched but not a concern. If the 200a pulls too much it trips the 100a

You do have other concerns … You don’t need to itemize everyone … Say what you see and refer to the electrician

1 Like

Agreed, I wrote up multiple concerns and sent it on its way. But this was a good learning opportunity for me. And as you stated about the 200 amp, I was not sure about that. I appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

SE ( service entrance ), Style R

2 Likes