Help Identifying Water Supply Pipe

Hey folks,

Inspected a 1973 home today that has pedominately galvanized pipes seen beneath sinks on the upper level and CPVC on the basment level (has been finished recently) but observed this water supply pipe going to the water heater. I have not seen this type or color supply pipes. Really does not look the same as the sch. 40 conduit but can’t determine its type. This piping appears to have been installed when a water purification system was installed.Any help would be appreciated.

HPIM3886 (Small).JPG

HPIM3885 (Small).JPG

I would guess that this is ductile iron. . .

Sch 80 CPVC is grey. :slight_smile:


Thanks guys the input was helpful.