help please

Brain fart! (2 part question)
(pics 1 and 2)
The oil fired boiler flue is terminated one foot from the meter(is there a minimum distance from the meter?). I can not think of the minimum required clearance between the flue and the meter. This is located 6’ below side deck.
already made the recomendation to move the dryer vent located 8" to the left of the flu.

(pics 3 and 4)
flue for fireplace (lp insert) and combustion air are spaced 10" apart (18 inches minimum… correct?) It has to be moved because it is within 3’ of an inside wall as well as with in 6’ of soffit(also this is located on the back deck), but I am pulling my hair out trying to find/think of the correct spacing for termination of flue from combustion intake.

I would point out PPL’s (I think it’s your area’s utility) requests 3 feet of clearance around meters.

http://www.pplelectric.com/NR/rdonlyres/85B845E7-4B64-4128-BC84-535997F3B915/6712/ConnectMay20060405.pdf

As for the specific question about the gas intact and exhaust, I’ve seen units where the intact and exhaust is one hole.

What does come to mind is that vinyl siding. Can it be right up against the exhaust flue?

tom

This might be what you’re thinking about:

The termination point for exhaust ducts discharging to the atmosphere shall be located with the following minimum distances.

1. For ducts conveying explosive or flammable vapors, fumes or dusts: 30 feet (9144 mm) from the property line; 10 feet (3048 mm) from openings into the building; 6 feet (1829 mm) from exterior walls and roofs; 30 feet (9144 mm) from combustible walls and openings into the building which are in the direction of the exhaust discharge; 10 feet (3048 mm) above adjoining grade.
  2. For other product-conveying outlets: 10 feet (3048 mm) from the property line; 3 feet (914 mm) from exterior walls and roofs; 10 feet (3048 mm) from openings into the building; 10 feet (3048 mm) above adjoining grade.
  3. For environmental air duct exhaust: 3 feet (914 mm) from the property line; 3 feet (914 mm) from openings into the building.

Also, check the manufacturer’s instructions. I’ve been surprised more than once to discover that they call for less clearance than I had expected.