Hit 6 birds with 1 stone with this new Client Survey.

Originally Posted By: jmichalski
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
??? Joe, what are you talking about? The last REALTOR e-newsletter http://www.nachi.org/buyersrealtorsenewsletter.htm of 800,000+ went off without a hitch. So did the one before that.

nick - THIS is what i am referring to.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=16337&highlight=

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Note the date… October 18th a few days ago. We know about that bug. The last one’s all went off without a hitch.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jmichalski

Quote:
So did the one before that.

Just going for accuracy here since we are talking about contact to my client base.

It appears then, that the "one before that" did not go off without a hitch. There is also no way for us to know the bug was completely identified and corrected, as that information was not posted anywhere until you stated it now.

e-zine… the real estate industry’s online magazine.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Thanks for the Client survey? Nice work.

No complaints here.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Nick;

As a 25+ year IS professional, on NEVER releases into production, especially high profile production, an untested system.

There have been many bugs in this (as seen by the posts that you have answered and theones that you have not) and it is in beta -, as we say.

Please, whenever you release anything, take into account that it will reflect not just on you, but on the entire membership.

Take your time. Let your experts do their work (free of management pressure).

Do it right the first time.

We all count on this web site and on you. Slow down and double check.

Hope this helps.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: sobrien

Hey Nick, I do like the idea of this. I would use this in 1/2 a sec if I could send it out by email, and have the responses delivered back by email.

Any chance the form could be adapted somehow?

I did agree with these comments-
"Big mistake with the form. It doesn't ask the client for a testimonial."

"The email fine print should state that NACHI will never sell or blah blah blah your address to anyone..."

Keep up the good work.....

Sean ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Originally Posted By: jkormos

customers, not sure if I want to share that info with the rest of you, don’t get me wrong you are great bunch of folks, but one works hard for their customers present and future. icon_smile.gif

Joe

I have three arguments in support of waiting 2 months (after your client moves into the home) to send them a request for a reference letter.

First, I would find it awkward to ask them to sit down and do this during an inspection or just after an inspection. The third party (NACHI) survey is a quick checklist which I think would be more appropriate.

Second, by sending it to them and letting them do it when they have the time, the reference letters are going to be better and longer than what they can scribble on a piece of paper at the kitchen counter of the inspection site. Some will probably even arrive typed and on letterhead.

Third, by waiting until your client moves into his home, he might alert you to things you failed to note in your inspection report. This information is valuable as it helps you improve your inspection service over time.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Joe, feel free to use it without ever sending it to NACHI. You’ll still hit 5 of the 6 birds mentioned in http://www.nachi.org/survey.htm It looks better that the survey is from a third party national association IMHO. Anyway, the email tickler system isn’t done, but when it is it will automatically do a lot. Once it is up, enter your own email address or a friends in the tickler system so you can monitor what your clients receive.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Thanks Nick icon_biggrin.gif keep up the great work icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

A fourth reason for not asking for the reference letter on the job site is that (somewhat like this message board) human beings are more forthright in writing, rather than in person. Most people (like me) who suffer from a bad waitress, are not even comfortable enough to complain in person.

Human nature.

If you really want to find out what your clients think about your services... request your reference letters by U.S. mail, after they move in.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: pehrenpreis

rspriggs wrote:
"...it would be nice to close up the margins or snug up the spacing to have room for "Additional Comments" (testimonial) on the front.
Or, just provide it in MS Word & we can fit it in..."

Yes, Nick can we get this in a MS Word file?

I would like to make it into a self mailer (print on the back the [my] address, lines for the client to write their return address or attach an address label) and print a box indicating where to place a stamp or even provide a stamp aready attched for them. so all they have to do is fold, seal and mail. (there is even paper/card stock out there that has an adhesive strip already attached.

Thanks,

Peter

Originally Posted By: apfaff

I like the idea.

I have been doing this for awhile and never thought of using it in this way.

I would definitely agree in postponing any survey. I used to include a survey when i mailed my CD report and in PDF format when I e-mailed the report,

Barely any returns, even with postage paid envelopes etc.

Then a little better return when I mailed it a month after the inspection.

Now a follow up e-mail and a link to an online form, six weeks after inspection, and Bingo! 80% return.

Make it simple for them and during a time when they are not so busy.

--
Aaron Pfaff
http://www.dedicatedhomeservices.com/
http://www.independentinspectors.org/wisconsin.html