Hm. Well, that's one way to do it

4 Likes

I’d write it up as open ground. :wink:

6 Likes

And exposed, non-insulated wiring!

3 Likes

MacGyver would be proud.

2 Likes

Write it up as an energy code issue, as it needs more spray foam to prevent air leaking into the wall.

And they should have used the side terminals, not the backstab :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just fill the whole gap with spray foam and you’re good to go. LOL

2 Likes

I was impressed. Think about it. he had to flatten those wires
8-25-03badmood
with a hammer to make them fit in that outlet!

1 Like

Just in case anyone’s reading this seriously: that foam type burns like a solid form of gasoline. You are not saving any carbon by using it, on a risk adjusted basis.

1 Like

Who was the genius who did that?

Internet Sparky!!
That photo has been floating aroung there for years, and likely where Nick stole it from!

2024-02-23_115450

2024-02-23_115624

1 Like

It is from a diner remodel being done in Squirrel Hill, PA about 20 years ago.

Who took the photo? Is there a backstory, and was it really seriously done that way on purpose?

It was found like that when they were remodeling the place.

I got another one for you. We tore off some drywall on a remodel once and there was a small flame on the gas line buried inside the wall. Essentially a pilot light burning for who knows how many years. It was my own uncle’s house.

1 Like

Found by who? Who’s picture? Contractor or inspector?

how cozy…amazing the place didn’t burn down…

It was found by the remodeling contractor.

WTF? Unbelievable.

Actually, I have witnessed someone fit a 14 gauge and maybe even a 12 gauge wire into the prongs of an outlet without flattening the wire.

Just a FYI comment…pleading the 4th when asked if I’d ever done that myself…

The IV amendment is not going to help you much. It is, “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures . . .”
8-25-03badmood