Holes all over basement walls?

Did an inspection where there were holes all over the walls. Not all looked like the were mechanically drilled but some did. Im calling to have this repaired by a mason, there was noted moisture intrusion going on down there, but not specifically from these holes. What do you guys think about these? Thanks

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks to me that they are in a regular pattern, so perhaps for mounting brackets for shelves?

2 Likes

Agree, all seem drilled in the mortar joints and would say they are all holes drilled for utility shelves or hardware of some sort.
Don’t see any other purpose for them.

2 Likes

Would you call to have them filled? Basement is showing signs of moisture and efflorescence, not particularly around these holes but it’s not sealed well.

I would recommend it seeing that other areas are getting moisture intrusion and also point out that whatever waterproofing or damp proofing they have is most likely breached in some areas at the exterior and the moisture intrusion will most likely continue on the interior until repaired.

1 Like

Thank you for your help Marcel

I think you’re right, thanks for the help with this. This basement has it’s fair share of problems

1 Like

I would hazard a guess and say they are holes drilled and a foam insulation was then injected. You would think that these would be concrete filled but it sure looks like the drilling pattern for a foam insulation retrofit.