Holmes On Homes

I guess Mike’s Sub Trades are getting in on the act.[advertising]

**On October 30th, Mike was recognized in the House of Commons for his promotion of Skilled Trades and for his advocacy for improved building standards. The Honourable Peter Goldring, MP for Edmonton East paid tribute to Mike, calling him “An accomplished builder with a social conscience”. Mr. Goldring praised Mike for his promotion of skilled trades, for his advocacy for improved building standards and for his contribution to the community through his work in support of SOS Children’s Villages and his establishment of The Holmes Foundation.

Pictured in the photo above are (from left): Pete Kettlewell, VP Production, The Holmes Group, The Honourable Gary Lunn, Minister of Natural Resources, Mike Holmes, The Right Honourable Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Nathan Banke, Skills Canada Gold Medalist, Peter Goldring, MP Edmonton East, Ingrid van Weert, Executive Director, The Holmes Foundation, Terry Cooke, President, Skills Canada.

**http://www.mikeholmesfanforum.com/

http://www.holmesonhomes.com/_images/PM-Trades.jpg

I see he got all dressed up for the occasion.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Roy

I guess that’s his Trade Mark.
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dressed for what he represents in my opinion.
God bless him for the work he does if it helps.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marcel

You have to know that he sells those things at every Home Depot.including Parkas,vests,boots, etc.
</IMG></IMG>

Wasn’t he the guy that said contractors were better to tell you what’s wrong with a home than inspectors?

John

Yes,he is the one.

I believe I can out-inspect him…and kick his AS s. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John,

Our Mike Homes can take on your Bob Villa any day :slight_smile:

I would pay to see that! A cage match perhaps?:twisted:

We know. Bob’s a poosey.

At least he put a shirt on.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

He’d have to change the name of the show to “Holmes on butt”. :smiley:

Well, usually I am not to bad a judge of Character, but I guess this time, I really screwed it up, didn’t I? Ah well, can’t win them all.

HomeDepot ??? Ok, I believe you, now slap me with the fish too. ha. ha.

Marcel

John,

They took a an unknown guy off the street with good TV looks and turned him into an international celebrity for marketing purposes. I think he believes that he is the authority on home renovations now. Don’t get me wrong, he is a nice guy and has a great heart for helping people out. However lets all remember this show is about marketing and selling products.
</IMG>

He sure has been able to cash in on his fame. Commercials, appearances, speaking gigs, charitable work, he must be very busy.
Good for him.

I like what he does because he exposes the truth. I am sure he has a much better understanding of home inspectors now, that our esteemed colleagues in OAHI-CAHPI had him come and talk at their conference in Alberta this past month.

Well said. The last time I watched, he did an entire show on 16 sf of insulation missing and putting in a 6mil VB versus a 3mil. It was silly but he does seem like a nice fella.

That’s his M.O.

Make a big deal of nothing (most times), good for TV

He wore that same outfit at the Calgary Conference.

Mike met with CAHPI board before he addressed the conference and they must of changed his mind about HI’s now he said he would promote the hell out the use Qualified Home Inseptors in the future and may even include a section on the topic in his next book.