Home business address safe or not

Mental note: if I come for you bring long range weapons :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all: I do not put my address or city on my business cards (most of my clients are outside the city anyway) nor did I put it on any advertising. The website and GMB profile only took about 10 minutes to change over and didn’t cost a penny.

1 Like

Until we moved to the country last year my business address was on my website and available on Google. However when we moved and had to switch over to a PO Box google got picky and would not let me use my physical address anymore so I had to switch to a region. They weren’t happy with that at first either because where I go cover a lot of territory in the province. After showing them proof I actually did service those areas they let it stand. Now I am trying to get them to eliminate the references to my old address because it is confusing clients.

My work address (10629 Hardin Valley Rd , Suite #305) is just one of several hundred little po boxes on the wall at the UPS store at the center of my service area on the west side of the city. I don’t do a lot of inspections downtown or on the other side of town.

1 Like

Similar to you, I use the USPS building address where my PO Box is located.
It’s not perfect for my areas served, but it does work for Google…

1 Like

Jeffry, is that phone number separate from personal?
Also, business names. You use all of them?

Nope, one number does it all!
Besides, who has time for “personal”??

Absolutely. If ya wanna succeed in this industry, ya gots to diversify!!
(See my three websites in my signature below)
Note: I’m NOT saying to “do it all”. That’s just crazy talk!
I’m saying to be a ‘Professional’ in what you do, and cover all relevent aspects of that, eg. Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultiural, Insurance, etc. etc. etc.
I got away from, and now stay away from ancillary services.
They are nothing more than a time wasting distraction from my core business.

1 Like

Howabouts you get some feedback from your customers, eh? :wink:

2 Likes