Home Inspection Rules Workshop with DBPR on May 5, 2010.

The Department of Business and Professional Regulation will be holding a Rules Workshop for Home Inspectors (9:00am - 12:00pm) on May 5, 2010 at 1940 North Monroe Street in Tallahassee Florida.

Please see the link below for details.
http://www.flrules.com/gateway/View_Notice.asp?id=8480242

A copy of the agenda and draft rules is available at the Home Inspectors website, at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html.

If anyone should have questions or concerns about this meeting please call Richard Morrison at 850-922-6020.

Is this meeting open to the public? Would it be beneficial for home inspectors to attend the meeting?

Does anyone know if there a phone number we can call in on and listen or any other way to listen in on this meeting?

Looking forward to hearing what was said. :slight_smile:

Well… Somebody must know what happened. If you know anything that went down please share the info with us all.

It will be interesting to see what others think when they read the rules.

The test is the NHIE.
The SOP is under development.
There is 3 or 4 pages of citation items. (looks like that is where dbpr has been focused)

so did they take the grandfathering back out?

Well I am still confused and just tried talking to several people at the dbpr and got no where. Does anyone know for sure weather a G.C. will have to get a separate Home Inspector license to perform a Home Inspection or not. I can’t tell by looking at the rules.

HI

[/size][/FONT]

Let the fun begin.

Doug,

So if I am understanding right I will NOT be able to advertise a home inspection for a fee. But I could offer a Home Inspection Alternative where I give a verbal or even a written assessment that has all of the same things looked at as a home inspection but I could not call it a Home inspection. Example Home Inspection Alternative By a Florida General Contractor or Home Consultation by Florida General Contractor.

Thanks for the info you have already provided and any that is forthcoming.

No Mike
You can go out and look at something in the course of preparing an estimate, the same as a plumber, electrician , GC always has.
You can not do a home inspection, a home inspection alternative or any other damn thing that could be considered an inspection.

Mike,
Can you even spell “CLUE”, because you don’t seem to have one.:smiley:

also here is one of the requirements for what it is worth:
(a) Be of good moral character; “good moral character” means a personal history of honesty, fairness, and respect for the rights of others and for the laws of this state and nation as defined by Section 468.8313(5)(a), F.S.

Bruce and Ed,

Thanks for more asinine useless info. We will see what kind of “damn” stuff I will be allowed to do. I will be sure to post when I find out for sure. :mrgreen:

I knowI need to be patient but that is alot of requirments to complete by the time it is supposed to be in effect. Just thinking out loud. ARGHHH

Greg I didn’t see any reference to the grandfather clause in there, and, since there are no licensed inspectors I don’t quite understand how they can require the instructors to be one if there ain’t none? Florida at it’s finest-not!

I have asked this earlier and no one has commented.

Doesn’t the Govenor still have to sign these bills into law?

Bruce & Brian–regarding your question about grandfathering http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/grandfathering.html

Nick,

Will you be making a proctored examination on home inspection services and completion for us members to take? Will the standard courses we take count towards the required 14 hours? Just in case I may need to go that route.

They were signed into law in 2007.

That was done in 2007.