Home Inspection Training in Canada?

Having done a number of peer reviews of applicants that had training from the Alberta government approved training programs I found the InterNACHI trained HI had the most knowledge and was the most accurate.
The other programs had provided the student with information that conflicted with the ABC.

Good to know Vern. Thank you.

One Ontario HI Organization refuses to accept InterNachi training for their required CEUs

Just because the leadership doesn’t like NACHI:twisted:

Cheers

Did the government or any members notice this the case Vern?
That INACHI members excelled in the peer review.
It is or can be used as a measurement of ones association education.
Take it as far as you can Vern. If possable.
I think that INACHI and Procurement of certification and accreditations seems to be the sticking point.
JMO

This government bought into the propaganda from the other Assoc. They put us through hell but finally admitted that we had the best and approved our training. So far as I can tell the first program the AB gov approved was not reviewed as there are several items that violate our building codes.
One of the most interesting conflicts is the Private sewage disposal systems.
InterNACHI’s course has the exact same septic tank and effluent tank drawings as the 2009 Alberta Private Sewage Disposal code. The others are using a drawing from the CMHC web site. Anybody that knows anything about these systems knows that if you built a septic tank like this it would not work as intended.
In fact trickle systems have never been acceptable in this province and I doubt if they would be acceptable in any cold winter location.

Vern when you have the association of associations in bed with the CMHC propaganda is using a mild description of what I call influence peddling.
Made for profit was the idea behind the propaganda, not the client. To bad.
Now that fact has taken over fiction your observations must be noted and recorded some how.
The findings are evidence and a vehicle for InterNACHI any other province in Canada. Not for boasting but for record.
I bet you went through hell!!!
Got my vote.

Robert V me too! I know we will have a hard time convincing in Ontario also. Many people worship CMHC and think they have all the answers. We need to get through the Ottawa connections to get anywhere in HI and after taking some of the courses they have provided I know this will not be easy.

Hey Kevin, can you elaborate on some of the hurdles maybe on another thread. I am starting to look into some cohesion for Ontario Inachi members. The heat is being turned up by 2 other assoc. in particular for licensing…of course their protocol is the one that they want adopted.
Question, are we the biggest association at 300 members in Ontario? Feel free to chime in anytime Nick! :cool:

I have to be careful Scott! Right now in my town they are teaching Home Inspection Technician Diploma it is the first of its kind.

Okay I hear you.

586 members in ON and over 1,000 members in Canada… and yes, InterNACHI is the biggest inspection association in both.

www.nachi.org/nachi-stats.htm shows (in live time) how many members in each province.

Hey** Nick**! that is the same amount as California.
I think we can stop bringing more into Ontario. LOL

Thanks Nick, there will be more questions from me!

Kevin it is not that they worship the CMHC, it is that they have great liturature.
The CMHC has to re-educate itself on several fronts.
Many use there sound literature.
Problems from my point of view.
1,) The ones that have been providing that " questionable sound " is not up to date information.
2.) An nonbias, unlobbed approach has to be taken by the staff at the CMHC.
It is an excellent source of information never the less.
They stopped pointing to C.A.H.P.A. AS THE FIRST HOME INSPECTORS TO CALL WHEN YOU NEED A HOME INSPECTOR DID THEY NOT?
Why ? ( InterNACHI voices.)

Second point here Kevein and Scot.
InterNACHI is the largest home inspection association in Canada.
Without unity, CHAPTERS in every provinces UNITING MEMBERS, and those chapters assign representative to approach the many governmental and non governmental agencies that work within our scope or definition of the difing job frame how do you expect them to know that we resresent the finest home inspection association in CANADA.?
North America for that matter and largest in the WORLD.

Voices untied InterNACHI CANADIAN brothers.

Then " Interprovincal unions " InterNACHI BROTHERS.
We are the biggest. let them know it.
Not boasting but educating for the industry.

Time is now InterNACHI BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!

Hello Robert:

You said it right in the thread.
The CMHC has to re-educate itself on several fronts
Problem is they are not receiving the Info from top Organizations so no matter how hard they try they will still be way behind **InterNachi **and many other Organizations that are on the frontier of change.
When CMHC is recognized by these associations then they will be on the right track.

Kevin go to the governments with your narrative.
All construction related officials. Fire halls, everywhere mate!!!
Start a chapter.
Get the ball rolling.
In any chapter all have tools to offer that will create a larger voice.
Keven you do not need the best. You need inclusion and energy.
Good luck mate!!!

Answer me this???
Who stopped the CMHC from advertising ( Start with C.A.H.P.I. home inspectors when buying a new home. )
Once you get that in your mind and start the narrative of INACHI is the largest home inspection association in Canada with the best education.
Well I have to stop.
No-one likes long posts.
PS: I know that from experience:roll:.

We are becoming a voice as the numbers climb. I would start a Chapter here but have you even seen any of the ones listed or even go to the MB from SSM. The answer is NO.
They don’t even advertise InterNachi and yet they are listed.
I see the effects of there listing here by talking to the Real Estates on my list and I have seen three of the ones listed reports.

You show defeat before you even begin.
SHAME ON YOU.
Look it is simple Kevin.
Build it and they will come.
Open InspectorSeek. Get Ontario INACHI members phone numbers and start phoning.:stuck_out_tongue:
Open InspectorSeek. Get Ontario INACHI members email addresses and start emailing them.:stuck_out_tongue:
I learned a valuable life lessons recently. Several through InterNACHI and it’s educationally benefits and through social interaction among its members.

Excuses are for the weak.
Investment and education takes energy.
Worth every bit of effort
in the long run.

Scot May will help you.

Please remember Kevin and Scot, everything starts with THE NUMBER ONE.
One chapter, one new member, one voicing opinion, one adding his voice to the voiceless to ones CHAPTER, helping one member, educating the ones that need the full story.
No bias opinions or half truth .
There are several associations in Ontario.
All equally important.
Who has the largest amount of members?
Who helped contribute to Alberta’s education for licensing and regulation and did so without biased, lobbied and negative approaches.?
Gees Louis man.
Get it up and running already.