Carson Dunlop "Principles" course?

Originally Posted By: bmalouf
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone done the Carson Dunlop “Principles of Home Inspection” distance learning course?

Originally Posted By: lewens

All I can say Bob is that Carson Dunlop is most likely the industry standard in courses. The collages here in Canada use their course.

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Originally Posted By: rcooke

I have met a lot of people who have taken the C&D course and never had one tell me they where sorry for doing it . I have asked and all said they would do it again that way . Roy Cooke sr

Originally Posted By: bmalouf

Thanks for your replys!

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Point of clarification. There are “others” equally recognized in the college system in Canada. Just protecting my turf from possible misinformation.

As a point of interest, Humber College has the only provincial ministry of colleges and university approved "Home Inspection Ontario College Graduate Certificate" Program which comprise of 2 full academic semesters. We have currently well over 200 students at various levels even doing part-time studies in the program.

It seems there is a need and demand to satisfy higher education and training to meet the professionalization of the home inspection sector.

Prof. Claude Lawrenson, Humber College & St. Clair College

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: rcooke

clawrenson wrote:
Point of clarification. There are "others" equally recognized in the college system in Canada. Just protecting my turf from possible misinformation.
It seems there is a need and demand to satisfy higher education and training to meet the professionalization of the home inspection sector.

Prof. Claude Lawrenson, Humber College & St. Clair College

Thanks, Good move Claude I also have met a lot of people who have taken the Humber course and never had one tell me they where sorry for doing it . I have asked and all said they would do it again that way .

The other person was In California and it could be a little awakward to come to Canada to do the Humber course
Roy Cooke sr

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Thanks Roy - actually the participant can learn/study pretty much from the comfort of their home, office or most any place from their computer. (24/7) Even when I am on the road I can often keep in touch with my students and hold chats. We have students from Canada, U.S., and even outside of North America. Online chats, discussions and a proctored closed book exam.

Projects include practical onsite inspections, and report review from the course instructor. All of the courses include 100 or more photos, images and animations - even down to how an a.c. system functions.

All of the courses created by inspectors for inspectors. Courses range with a minimum of 32 to 64 hours, plus of content.

The courses were specifically designed to incorporate the National Occupational Standards and may soon be ISO certified.

Actually last week-end we hosted "onsite inspections" for new home inspectors in Brampton. Home inspection, report writing, and a good overview of the inspection process. A full day of activities. Other venues are forthcoming.

Regards, Claude

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.