http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=bpc&group=07001-08000&file=7195-7199 states that “a home inspection may include an inspection of energy efficiency.”
Energy efficiency items to be inspected may include the following:
- A noninvasive inspection of insulation R-values in attics, roofs, walls, floors, and ducts.
- The number of window glass panes and frame types.
- The heating and cooling equipment and water heating systems.
- The age and fuel type of major appliances.
- The exhaust and cooling fans.
- The type of thermostat and other systems.
- The general integrity and potential leakage areas of walls, window areas, doors, and duct systems.
- The solar control efficiency of existing windows.
It takes less than 4 minutes to write a Home Energy Report using our tool.