Home inspector here in Michigan missed obvious water intrusion

was realtor recommended am told, put the realtor commISH above the client eh, that what it looks like to my dumb azz, that or complete incompetence, 1st time homebuyer been in house 1 week!!

tell me wtf you see

WATCH ------------

a few of the EXISTING problems outside, seller told buyer the water stains were supposedly from aka due to a basement back up, flood, NONSENSE baby!!!

i googled his name, supposedly a nachi inspector

am told the inspector told 1st time buyer to slap more tar etc along driveway = stupid

They naming names.

May be a great case for the Internachi buy back program, you should tell the owners about it!

FYI, those basement floor tile probably got asbestos in them. Be careful if they are disturbed.

2 Likes

Since he failed to call out those obvious water issues, and without seeing the report I hate to pass judgment, but if he did fail to call those issues, he may have also failed to let them know that those floor tiles and their adhesives may contain asbestos, and in the condition they look to be in the video, I’d be wearing a mask when walking around in that basement.

2 Likes

Don’t forget McDonalds

ServSafe Manager

McDonald’s

Issued Feb 2018 Expires Feb 2023

The Buy Back program is advertised on the apparent website.

It seems the water entry evidence would be hard to miss and I saw the suspect tiles right away, too.

3 Likes

Im not exactly sure on how the program works but apparently not hard enough :pensive:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lakepointe-home-inspections-saint-clair-shores

water is getting in because LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, there are at least 3 cracks in poured walls and other openings below grade in the wall at-around back corner under the driveway and tuckpointing needs n so on. Sooo easy to determine most of these YET…

the 3rd yelp comment is obvious bullshtt per what the hell i saw today but believe what ya’s like and back your fellow HI all you like, i don’t give a shtt about that

yes sir, good eyeballs, see we know nachi has great inspectors, not all but many - homeowner is looking into the possibility

1 Like

Did your customer call the inspector? If not, strongly encourage them to do so. Assuming that the inspector failed to report this condition, he needs to know.

Another consideration is whether the seller disclosed the water issues. The inspection is not a substitute for and does not supersede the seller’s disclosure. A buyer may find themselves out of luck if something was disclosed, even if the inspector “missed” it.

5 Likes

What does that mean? Do you mean in case of a lawsuit? I consider the seller’s disclosure to be worthless in most cases, and that is why I am hired.

3 Likes

Why is that Brian?

It means that the seller’s disclosures are foremost in the discovery and due diligence effort. If the seller’s disclosure states that there is a water intrusion issue, the buyer has been duly notified, regardless of the inspection report.

3 Likes

I will add, this used to be stated in the NACHI agreements as late as 2/19. I did notice it has been removed from the new state-by state agreements though. I’d be curious to hear from @gromicko or @jdenneler on why that statement was removed?

This.

You can say he missed it, but without seeing the report, we have no proof it was missed.

4 Likes

Six simple words at the Signature Line… “To The Best Of My Knowledge”!!

IMO… to make room for the “One Page, Plain English” Agreement!

1 Like

Maybe. I was guessing the reason was that it was unnecessary. Any legal action against an inspector is of course going to require that the seller’s disclosure be presented as evidence. Can you imagine a client trying to sue you for not mentioning something that was already disclosed by the seller? (I’m not saying that is the case in OP’s situation).

Here’s an example; seller discloses that the house is haunted. Buyer’s home inspector doesn’t pick up on it during the inspection. Buyer sues inspector for not noticing the house was haunted, even though the sellers told them it was. Sounds ridiculous, right?

1 Like