Home inspector says problem is downspout, really?

how did the home inspector get-to this assumption, yes assumption. Just because there happens to be a downspout on the exterior near this area leads him, others to magically believe and then recommend to screw with a downspout and THAT will solve leaky basement? hahahaaa in your dreams!

his video… see water on floor

my friggin video, same thing… water–on–the-----FLOOR, doesn’t tell me shit, just tells me there is water on the stupid azz floor! Yeah there’s a downspout at corner so, THAT is the problem? NO!!!

same house, OUTSIDE doing a stupid water test to, i dunnnnnnno, IDENTIFY what the actual problem (s) is and the ONLY solution!!! sheesh man
If there were NO exterior cracks, cracked parging in the foundation wall then NO WATER would have come in!!! smfh Note-- house was just SOLD, buyer moves in n first decent rain water in basement… RIGHT where the SELLER poured CONCRETE on the outside, now wWHY would anyone pour concrete along a foundation wall, a side wall, hmmm? DUH!

So don’t try the usual moron lines n tell Bubba-Milk that, generally speaking, home inspectors know how to idenify leaky basements, that’s dreaming up more American bulllshttt, evidence just posted, slapped ya in the face

George Carlin, "See how often the simple solution will elude us "

Morning, David. Hope you are well and in good spirits today.

A proficient inspector would take into consideration the predominance of surroundings to hypothesize fault.

Downspouts can cause ‘an enormous amount of damage’ over time when improperly positioned on the lot as you well know. But to extrapolate conclusively the downspout is/was the cause of water entering the basement was not well explained. Pour choice of words by the inspector.

quite certain the dude is a GOOD guy, may be a great inspector, pardon me 4 just pointing out the SHTT i see over n over, decade after decade and what usually happens in the end is, an INT system chump gets the job which further pizzes my azz off, ya dig?

@manderson7 I looked at a house in New Jersey few days ago, no streams or lakes across the street. USGS shows groundwater well depth 15feet in some local areas. The house is brand new construction 2019, foundation is sectional precast concrete, basement ceiling height about 10 feet, public sewer. One (installed) sump pump running every few minutes… last time it rained was 2 days ago. Builder says the sump pump is required.

Questions:

1. where is the water coming from?
  2. Should this house have a sump pump pumping groundwater out or did the builder do something wrong?
  3. can the sump pump be removed without having the house flooded?

Simon, lolol how am i supposed to know brother, you were there, i’m in Mich

gee, i wonder if Mr builder waterproofed the ext walls and backfilled wifffff gravel

have seen numerous houses/basements around here, have sump pumps, some pumps never run unless it rains, others run pretty often. At least a few of those that i looked at, homeowners wound up disconnecting the sump pumps and never got a drop of water on floor, can you explain that? got milk?

lets see, have seen NEW builds around here, ir rains… tons of water inside (before floor poured) and out, gee, gonna take awhile for that shtt to dry up.

you know much more about the swamps of Jersey than my balding azz, maybe call Springsteen

Brother Mark… because you claim in 999 out of 1000 houses the internal system is not required. I thought you knew, even from Mich :slight_smile: I guess I will have to do more digging, I will get to the bottom of it, just don’t have all the chips yet. I’m not “waterproofing expert”, you are, right? :smiley: Right now I just make general comments about possible cracks in older houses and recommend backup for sump pump in new houses.

Not yet, I cannot. I was hoping (sincerely) that you could, and thus far you have not. Again, I’m not an expert in this and am trying to learn the building science behind it. I haven’t found a good education source about this yet.

No, I don’t… I’m not from Joyzee. It was just an example… I see sump pumps where I am, too, all the time.

Again, I ask, very simple and straight forward question:

when is a sump pump required. I need scientific answer not some mumbo jumbo BS :slight_smile:

If you don’t know… it is okay… I will find out eventually.

or call Rosalita maybe… Simon, lol i never said i had everyone’s answer to their stinky wet basements but have many, and many more than INT system chumps do, least we stop the friggin water

Simon, n i’ll say again, based on wtf we have looked at, on site, 41 years, fk n a YES… damn skippy YES 99% o all of those basements had ext cracks etc, not talking about possible basement back UPS, those are OBVIOUS, call me if ya like sheesh lmk

just cuz something is code, per what your builder told you, doesn’t mean all that much to me, especially when there are sooo many stupid azz houses/basements built that didn’t get waterproofed and were backfilled with same shtty soil

when is a sump pump required? is that your Q ? lollollll its not up to me man, i’ll say this which you already know, it wouldn’t hurt to have a sump pump in basements in joints like Jersey or New Orleans, right not that there’s many there

one more thing, i never said i am a ‘sump pump’ expert, nope! Never

So in areas where well depth is 10-20 feet, the groundwater is actually not there?
https://maps.waterdata.usgs.gov/mapper/index.html

Waterproofing is required during brand new construction. Are you telling me that every single brand new house with sump pump had improper waterproofing and every engineer that prescribes int sys is utter moron? it sure sounds like it. I still don’t have an answer… just a rant about cracks. Yes, I heard, loud and clear: cracks cracks cracks This is brand new construction, there are no cracks, the house was proper waterproofed. There is groundwater at the depth of the basement. The water does not magically appear… it’s there. It has not rained for days and it’s still there.

Simon, lololll getting mad at me hahahahhaaa, WHY??? jesus K man.

w the hell you want me to do, make some shit up? Like INT system co’s, just make shtt up as i go along lol

------are there GAPS, openings along the wall-floor joint?

----- did this basement floor take on water in ONE or more areas, along 1 wall, all 4 walls or just one area?

-----WHEN did the biiiiitch begin to take on water? Right after floor poured or what

------are there any cracks in the stupid azz FLOOR? If so, is water SQUIRTING UP through it?

---- did somebody check the sump pump, who the hell put it in? where do the stupid drain tiles go, are they clear???

----wtf is the status of the main water line, huh? is that bitch leaking, what else if around there, underground that Mr builder or friends may have hit, ruptured etc

if you friggin call me i can express my g damn love to you and all about this shtt

Nah not mad at all… I’m seeking answers :smiley: I was trying to “extract” them from you, is all :slight_smile: I gotcha… I’m gonna need to find “sump pump/drainage” expert who could explain it in scientific terms so I could, through understanding, better advise my clients.

Here is the thing… there were actually several semidetached dwellings a builder erected, all brand new from foundation and up. They all had sump pumps from day one, they all are pumping water out. This isn’t just about tiles and cracks. I suspect there is very high groundwater table in that area. That’s my only explanation for now until I learn more about this topic. Cracks in old houses, I understand, broken mains I understand, I understand all these variables. What I don’t understand is areas with high groundwater and how it’s best to deal with and if it’s possible, under average circumstances, to deal with it without a sump pump.

just saw, ‘is Bubba telling you every new house with a sump pump,etc’

huh? i have repeatedly HIT this, to try n make it short as you ask, is every engineer that prescribes an INT system a moron???

well imo, if they didn’t IDENTIFY the actual problem (s) and just simply told whoever to install an INT system, YEAH, they r a moron imo

They told the builder to put it during the construction. It was not put in AFTER. The int sys was there since day 1.

one minute you say, no water was seen at depths 20’ etc YET, you say there is a high water table NOW, doesn’t make much sense to me.

shtt, been told before we dug an area/basement that there was a high water table, n we start digging n after 1’ or so, yeah lots of water, example, one was a loose sprinkler hose allowing water to soak the shtt outta the soil, yeah would be perceived to some, as a high water table unless you take a shovel n start digging to see wtf is going on.

shttt, have posted many videosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of us digging close to Lake St Screw me, everbody was told, under the bs assumption that all houses are in high water table area, nonsense, fkkkkg nonsense

yeah call the drainage experts at Everdry or FSM or B Dry eyc, i offered to yap on phone instead of this, all i can do, sorry its no good/help to ya man

If I’m ever in your area, we should go get a drink or two :slight_smile: and talk about them crackz We can yap on the phone for sure, I was hoping to put some info in the forum for others to digest if they end up pondering like me.

I think the sump pump I was referring to earlier in the new build could be connected to the exterior foundation drainage tile. I will try to find out. There is no slope, the grade is flat, to dump the tile drainage to daylight.