"Home warranties are a waste of money"

In whose opinion…his.

If so he is successful by selling his gimmicks to inspectors like yourself.

Hey Chris, don’t you offer aa 100% money back guarantee if your client is not satisfied withyour inspection?! Good marketing and good for you and your business!

Great for him and doing wonders for me and my clients. Everyone wins with a great business model!

I’m glad offering all of the extra’s is working for you, so far.

I hope you don’t end up on the other end of one of Nathan’s lawsuits.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f46/can-get-short-explaination-all-law-suits-going-inspector-land-tm-105497/#post1395426

Michael your Mentor should be a H.I and not a Vendor .

I offer myself and not gadgets …go ahead and check my sites.

My business grows around 20% every year with no marketing past websites.
No B.S and no Frills **.
I am happy and do not need to keep track of or keep up with a bunch of gizmos.

Ask yourself if all the stuff disappeared would you still have a business ?
Does your mentor teach personality and Home Inspection skills or simply using the product he pushes ?

Read a book by Tony Robbins if you want a Mentor.**

I’m glad offering all of the extra’s is working for you, so far.

I hope you don’t end up on the other end of one of Nathan’s lawsuits.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f46/can-get-short-explaination-all-law-suits-going-inspector-land-tm-105497/#post1395426

What actual value does any 90 day warranty, with significant limitations, give to the client? We do also need to keep in mind that 90 days starts at the time of the inspection and most likely very frequently never is a full 90 days to begin with. Compared to the number of 90 day warranties that the clients are charged for (directly or indirectly) how many have actually paid anything out? If you choose to answer this question please provide verifiable information.

Bob does appear to be spot on with this.

I have and still do read Tony’s books. I am certainly not putting down Inspectors that don’t offer warranties or guaranties. I just find that it is working for my business and my cloents who keep me in business. If they’re happy, I’m happy. I just don’t like people knocking others down for unjust reasons… That’s all. I don’t normally pipe up on stuff like this, but sometimes people are just too negative instead of trying to help each other out. It’s great to have an opinion, just don’t put people down without having a true understanding of the whole business part of it. No disrespect Intended… Just defending my own.

Just out of curiosity do you pay for any of those warranties you issue to your clients?

Of course I do… And it brings me business. Just like the NACHI buy back guarantee. Is that a sham also? Offer more, charge more, get more clients, and back up what you promise. That’s what I do. I don’t lie, cheat or steal. I’m in business and if marketing that offends anyone, get out and go work for someone.

No reason to get testy. You’ve answered my question(s). :wink:

Do you feel the INACHI Buy Back program is a sham?

You might want to read it from the start.

In one sense I am happy Inspectors are spending time and money forcing them to charge higher rates and take more time on each report if they are in my area.:slight_smile:

I also as a contrarian use others dependence of bells and whistles against them by selling the potential cold calls I get on the fact these guys are so bad they need gimmicks to exist .

Unknowingly these Vendor dependent types are helping me gain revenue. ha ha.
That is why I do not argue these debates much.Why kill my Golden Goose ?

With the new mortgage rules that went into effect this month the 30 day closing is now going to be more like 45 or 60 days. This makes the 90 day warranty even more useless.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/your-money/new-mortgage-rules-and-how-to-make-the-most-of-them.html?_r=0

InterNACHI’s Buy Back Guarantee starts from the day of closing: http://www.nachi.org/buy.htm

Hey Nick,

Why don’t you create a comparison chart of the INACHI BuyBack program to those 90 Day Wonder Warranty Thingies out there? You can do a chart to display the vast differences! You know:

90 Day Sewer Thingy: If your sewer collapses outside of the home we will consider a claim against it. :wink:

INACHI BuyBack program: If the sewer collapses outside of your home we’ll buy your home back. :smiley:

90 Day Sewer Thingy: If your sewer collapses under the home your SOL! :-({|=

INACHI BuyBack program: If the sewer collapses under your home we’ll buy your home back. :smiley:

INACHI BuyBack program: If your poop don’t shoot to the city we’ll buy your home back! :smiley:

INACHI BuyBack program: If your crapper breaks we’ll buy your home back! :grin:

You get the idea of how vast a difference can be displayed! You can also add a column showing the effective time for each item as opposed to the 90 Day Wonder Warranty Thingies.

Because InterNACHI’s Buy Back Guarantee isn’t a warranty. It’s a marketing tool.

Remember what Joe Namath said before Super Bowl III. When asked if he would win, he said “I guarantee it!” And it spewed confidence in his and his team’s abilities. It made you want to bet on him, just like the Buy Back Guarantee makes consumers chose the inspectors who tout it.

Joe Namath didn’t say “We might lose Sunday because we’re losers. So I’m offering a limited warranty in case we lose.” How lame is that?

In marketing, there is a big difference between Guarantee and Warranty. An audacious guarantee is a promise of quality. A limited warranty is a document that kind of makes up for an inspector’s failure.

BTW: Joe Namath went on to win that Super Bowl.

Oh… there is one additional benefit of InterNACHI’s Buy Back Guarantee: If a deal really goes south and everyone starts lawyering up… InterNACHI really will come in and just buy the home back and save you from business Armageddon. www.nachi.org/buy

I thought it was very clear I never called it a warranty? Unless of course the word “program” is a synonym for “warranty”?? :roll: