HomeGauge Software Question

Originally Posted By: Russell Stephens
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have downloaded the demo version of HomeGauge and I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the reports etc… It seems to be an easy program to use, But I need some professional input. As to the quality of the reports.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Russell

I personally like homegauge, but as you will find there are about 35 different programs out there, if you read the previous posts on this topic it’ all there. However if you like homegauge, I would suggest you also look at palmtech, 3D, Hippo and Eye Candy as they are pretty similar. try the links page as I know we have links to many of them on this site.

regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Russell Stephens

Thank you I will check those porgrams out as well.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Homegauge seems easy to use - what about 3D

Originally Posted By: kbliss

Dan,

I use 3d and I like it a lot, very easy to use and change. I was using ahit software "inspectit" and liked that also but it was very hard to change any of the wording. I like the way 3d incorporates the pictures.

The only problem I have with 3d and most of the report system is the phrase "appears servicable".

I was wondering what other phrase I could use in place of appears servicable.

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

appears to be operating acceptably

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Mitchell Bryan

Hey… I am also looking for a quality software program. I’ved look at several software programs, such as 3D, Inspectrix, HomeGauge. Thus far i am leaning towards HomeGauge. However if you know of any others that might be out there, please let me know. I am looking for a program that includes the following at the min. Inspections Ordering, Client Information Data Base and Picture capability that you may enter into the report with editing features… Id you know of any other software programs let me know. icon_surprised.gif

Originally Posted By: jellerbee

Mitchell,

I personally use (for now) ReportHost. The only thing is it's not a software, you use their website to fill out the reports. It has field notes made out for you to use. The one good thing, (for me atleast) is that is charges $5.00 for every report you use, (that is after the free 25 they give you as a trial offer). And they send you a bill every month so your not having to pay every time you use a report. Anyway you may want to look at it . www.reporthost.com.

Brandon Ellerbee

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball

How is report host working out for you? Do your clients mind waiting on the report?

Originally Posted By: ltrower

Gerry,

Have you checked out Porter Valley software as compared to 3D?

Lee Trower

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Lee, I have looked at it but not in the last year or so I know i did not like it back then, but no doubt they have gone trough several vrsions since then

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: ltrower

Gerry,

I had a chance to see a demo of it here in Tulas about a month ago. It has a lot of stuff to add to cover your backside. I have worked with 3D and would love to see the difference between the two. Guess I will have to down the demo version. The guys from Porter Valley came to Tulsa to make the presentation of their software.

Is anyone in NACHI using Porter Valley?

Lee Trower