HomeGauge users....

Originally Posted By: bdoles
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

HomeGauge users…I’m interested in possibly getting the Pen Tablet (laptop) next year along with the HomeGauge software. I’d like to hear comments about pros and cons from those folks that use this package. (both the laptop and software) Thanks for everyones input.

Brian K Doles

Inspection Connection Home Inspections

Northeast, TN

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Brian

I spent a huge ammount of time sampling about 12 different software packages before I decided that the HomeGauge product was the best of the bunch, alot of it comes down to personal preferences but I just like the way the thing works. Also the technical support from them is second to non I deal regularly with Sean (a NACHI member) and he is great to get along with, I do not believe that any other software vendor has the support services that they offer in terms of uploading reports to their server, many available templates, NACHI agreement can be down loaded into your reports etc.

HomeGauge has also been very helpfull with images for our educationl product and have offered NACHI any help that they can give, they just have the right attitudes. and that is worth a lot to me.

In fairness I would suggest that you alo look at 3D, PalmTech, Inspectview, EyeCandy & the others that are around, but I would alo recomend that you call HomeGauge direct and talk to Sean about your requirements and system needs (he is a big a geek as Chris, and knows his stuff ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) )

As to the hardware choice I currently have a Fujitsu touch screen notebook, but will be upgrading to a tablet in the new year.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I’ll second Gerry’s comments. I didn’t go with the tablet because all I could find was first generation stuff. New stuff scares me, just like new inspectors. nachi_sarcasm.gif

I'll roll to a tablet (maybe) when they are on at least a third generation product. Taking notes on paper with digital pictures has worked just fine so far so maybe I won't change. A tablet is just another thing to break in the field as far as I'm concerned. Busted my cheapo vivatar digital camera the other day (got into a fight with a ladder and lost). Had to go to the backup Mavica which is a great camera but disks only hold about 18 pics.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: bdoles

I’ve sampled several packages also. I currently use QuickStart 2000 which currently satisfies me. I’ll have a hard time swallowing the cost of about $2300.00 though (good tax deduction though) when getting the HomeGauge package (tablet & software).

Thanks for everyones thoughts/comments.

--
Brian K Doles
Inspection Connection Home Inspections
Northeast, TN

Originally Posted By: Steve Yared

I went with Homegauge a couple months ago. Clients like the format. I like that I can give a detailed report, clients don’t have to decipher a checklist and my bad handwriting anymore.

I echo the opinion about Homegauge, very helpful company, good people

I put a sample report of mine on my website and let Realtors know about it, it's gotten me a couple of inspections

--
Steve Yared
The Home Examiner LLC
616-776-7725
www.thehomeexaminer.com

Originally Posted By: mpatton

All I have to say about HomeGuage and the ACER Tablet is FANTASTIC eusa_clap.gif

I have several other more detailed and lengthy posts commenting about the software and tablet.

Sean and Russell keep up the good work!!!

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: janderson

My two cents:

Homegauge software=Great. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Homegauge software+Acer 102 tablet P.C+Kodak Digital camera=Outstanding.

--
Within the seeds of ignorance lie the fruits of denial

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: dconstant

I too highly recommend HomeGauge for both their Acer laptop and their software. As everyone has previously stated, their support (telephone and e-mail) is ALWAYS prompt and to-the-point.

One negative which I would like to throw out there in regard to the Acer100, is the screen....can't see it outside in almost any type of lighting. I like the ability to prepare the report as I progress through the inspection, but because of the screen, must hold out until one is inside. Hopefully this will be resolved, and then I'll be happy.

Constant Home Inspections, LLC
http://constant-inspections.com

--
Doug Constant
Constant Home Inspections LLC
http://www.constant-inspections.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

NACHI has worked with HomeGauge to incorporate NACHI’s pre-inspection agreement into their software too.

Nick