HUD INSPECTIONS AND 203K INSPECTIONS

Originally Posted By: Ken Trice
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’M TRYING TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY MEMBERS THAT ARE CERTIFIED

BY HUD TO DO HOME AND 203K INSPECTIONS.

Originally Posted By: matthew berman

Ken, i have tried to get some information about hud and 203 inspections.So far no luck.But i realy havent tried real hard.------matt

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Ken Trice

Matt:

I got on the hud website to get my information. One thing don’t take any classes untill you check with someone at hud. My contact is in Colorado

I filled out the paperwork sent it in and i was approved in about 2 to 3 weeks, because I like you have a background in construction. I also have my degree in construction management. I’m in the process of being approved to be a 203k consultant, there again all i did was fill out the paperwork this is for the state of Oklahoma I don’t know about MI.

Ken Trice
THI Inspections

Originally Posted By: rpaul

Ken,

I am a certified 203k Inspector. Basically I read all the HUD Mortgage E Letters and had to sign I have some understanding of the program. The biggest thing about this 203k program is the writeups. There are people and companies making some serious money off this. Getting the Certification is free but learning the writeup program is what cost and buying the program. I have tried for a couple of years to get information on this and try to get in but it cost almost 1600.00 to get the total program going.
So what I have done is just stuck with the quallity control inspections for M&T Banks in my area. The bottom line is the certification from HUD is just reading the Mortgage E Letters and signing. www.hud.org. lender mortgage E letters.

Rick

www.rephomeinspection.com