Hurricane Irma

Not even a year ago…

If this storm comes up the middle of the state, we are going to be in for a rough ride.

As a side note…Irma…was my wifes mothers first name…

Uh oh… A mother in-law storm.

Stopped to get some water.

Ordered evacuation for the Keys.
There will be no Monroe County shelters & the three hospitals wll evacuate patients.
**Keys Emergency Manager: "You Must Evacuate, You Cannot Afford To Stay" - CBS Miami

Wish you guys in Florida good luck and hopefully the storm will turn East.
Stay Safe as best you can.

Better to watch it on the news than in-person.

I know not everyone can leave, but remember that emergency services are already stretched and fatigued.

I’m hoping for a miss.

The Keys will be pretty near destroyed Sunday morning.
I’m hoping for tropical force winds no more than 60 mph up this way.
I’ll be blessed & happy if that’s the max for my location.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT11/refresh/AL112017_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind+png/174437_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

It’s hard to believe the only road to get in & out of the Keys is not jammed yet.
** yet.https://keysnews.com/traffic-cams/**

People wait till the last minute Marc. They will be when they find out the track of the storm is headed there way.

Since they redid card sound road and US 1, it isn’t as hard to get out.
Last storm, I am pretty sure they made all lanes exit only.

The hard part is when the roads merge at the turnpike!

If you guys plan on staying put, do like they did in Tx write you name and S/S # on your arm so you can be identified. I can tell you first hand what 270 MPH wind does to property it does the same thing as 170 MPH. The path will look like a parking lot with no asphalt. It will blow the asphalt off the road.

Stay safe run like a rat from a burning barn

Yep, my friends parents are still at their house in Islamorada (been there for 25 yrs+ so they know the risk) but have a large boat and want to make sure they have no option before leaving

I booked a flight out for tomorrow night.

I’m serious. If you can get here, I’ll put you up.

i’ll put clothes on & make sure it’s kid friendly if any evacuees wants or needs to visit
have grill can cook

If no one takes you up on your very generous offer during the largest evacuation in US history I would be very surprised. Thanks Chuck.

Hope you and Family can stay safe Dave.

Try to stay safe Dave.

Dave thanks for taking it away from me! :shock:
You have my number if anything comes up.

Hope everyone is ok, could have been a whole lot worse for us but thankfully was not. Just a couple of days of yard work to do