I Am Looking For A New Job.

Not sure I get this? “You had work and should have let Aubry or any other HI do the leg work and become working friends”

What do you mean?

I have considered doing like Russ does on the west coast but am not sure I can get enough folks to get off the dollar to keep the needed folks on payroll.

I inspect because I feel I am good at it. Clients seem to like me. Realtors seem to like me.

Problem is I do not enjoy it.

I vent here. You folks see how I feel as I tell the truth here unlike many.

I want something to be pasionate about and to make the kind of money I used to. I cannot find it.

I blame no one for my situation except myself.

I should have had a third plan. Best bet would have been a degree but I foolishly did not go the college route.

I’m in a pickle and just have not yet figured out what to do but time is of the essence and I cannot dick around forever.

I appreciate everyones best wishes but what I really need is some good ole fashion luck. SOmething I have not have for some time now :slight_smile:

I feel qualified to jump into almost any situation but I do not have the reasources to lead me in the direction.

I do not know anyone in other fields and ALL the job type sites ask you to say what position you want. I DO NOT KNOW. I feel I can do just about anything.

I have thought about taking out a billboard and even standing on the side of the road with a sign and a ton of cards stating my accomplishments but nothing has seemed right yet.

I am sure someday I will find something that I am jazzed about and keeps my family in the position I believe I am worth. I just have not figured it out yet and am looking for any ideas or suggestions that may help.

I do not think it is going to come from around here but I try anyhow. What can it hurt?

I feel most around here are happy with what they do and how they live. I am happy for them but it just does not suit me :frowning:

Funny thing is I do not know how to find a job that I do not know anything about.

I just know I can do anything or learn anything in a blink of an eye.

I also know I can manage people and deal with clients and city / state officials with ease.

I just have to find the right fit for me and someone that sees it in me and gives me a shot.

Sorry if I am off base Mike.
I thought you twisted your ankle using a ladder and had to stop working.
You had work but did not know what to do and the phone was ringing.
Thats when I recommended Aubrey, or any HI to do you leg work.
Sorry if I am confused. Might be another member. I have been and am staying away from the MB for the most part.

All the best to you in life.
As Marcel noted, diversify.
Mike…Luck I feel is mostly made. Can you win a lottery without playing ? Sure by finding a ticket, but how often does that happen?:roll:
All the best, Keep us abreast of what happens.

Shattered my heel Dec 11 was supposed to have a client for a reinspection on last Friday first day doing an inspection since injury… Idiot did not answer the phone at the agreed upon time. Called me back 3 hours later and asked if I could come then.

NOPE Going to have to move him to next week.

I stopped advertising but whatever work can in through past clients referrals or the natural selection in Google I sent to a local fellow inspector who broke me off a piece whenever possible. Not a lot to share in insurance inspections.

I am officially back working but am afraid my foot may give out and I may kill myself but at this point I do not have any other choices.

My beneficiary is tapped Out and I owe about $73,000. I was not in debt before the accident :frowning:

I am looking for a job with a future, security and benefits. I have been self employed since about 1990, it will be quite the change.

Start somewhere and move my way to the top.

I do not feel I can live the way I want inspecting homes and am looking for something more secure where I do not have to deal with individual homeowners for virtual pennies.

In my past I dealt with whole projects and big dollars. I am trying to get in with one of the major home builders left in SouthEast Florida.

My current goal if possible is to start as an assistant PM and work my way to the top. Division / Area manager etc… Corporate America look out. I got 25+ good years left but it is not going to be spent crawling around in used homes and attics.

I would also consider any other field in a management position. I have 20+ years experience running companies from the top to the bottom. There is nothing I feel I cannot do or learn to do very quickly. I have experience overseeing 100+ employees at any given time and was well received and liked by all employees. I know how to run and treat them. JUST MY HOPES.

I will keep turning over rocks until I find a new home or something I love :slight_smile:

I either need something that pays very well or something I love. Either will do :slight_smile:

You and a large percentage of the US population. Best of luck.

Yep I know the odds are against me but I must not give up hope.

What would I have then?

Now hope is all I have to hang on to.

Without it things would really be bad.

Funny thing is in the old days I liked my job but was not passionate about it.

All my bad luck “MAY” just help me get a job I LOVE and am PASSIONATE about it.

How many times have you all heard the ole saying " When one door closes another opens"

I just have to find the damn door :slight_smile:

My grandfather said that when a door closes, make sure it’s actually locked before climbing through the window :wink:

Don’t throw away your experience. These days it’s hard to find a true professional in any sector. You may not be passionate about it but I know you are damn good. Save your passion for your wife, kids and close friends. Your job is to serve one purpose- a paycheque. If you can find a career that fulfills that need you are lucky, but treat it as what it really is. Money. And that money is to better yourself and your family. For me, joy comes after work when I can be with the ones I love, and leave the job behind me.

Things will get better. They always do. I’m still kicking myself for not buying up Ford stock when it was $1 in 2007. You have to understand that when something can’t get any lower, it can ONLY go up! That includes YOU my friend :slight_smile:

Chin up! With your work history, you won’t need any luck.

Thanks for the positive vibes and kind words. I do hope and do not wish to throw out my experience.

I am just saying I will look at any opportunity with an open mind and do not need to be in the same biz as I have always been. I might even enjoy a change.

Managing people and jobs is pretty much the same no matter what the task is in the end.

I am confidant in my ability to lead.

Hey Mike,

Why don’t you start a commercial building inspection company, some people sub all the work out, I don’t, but many people do and its still very lucrative, if you would like more information call me tomorrow 480.309.4967.

I can get you headed in the right direction if you would like some help. Many people make six figure incomes just subbing the work out, kinda like an inspection broker.

Dale makes all the sense in the world. Leave something you know does not.
You had a good construction carrier, now inspection, now get the marketing part right and bang, away you go.
Gees Louis Mike. Turn you weakness into money.

Advertise to agents you do inspections in 40 minutes due to your injury.
Your bloody phone will ring off the hook.:wink: Get with the program mate:) HA HA HA
All the best ether or buddy.

Dale I may take you up on it in a few days I have physical therapy and some stuff to do tomorrow but I may just take you up on the phone call to find out what it is all about. Right now I do not know anything about it. THANKS :slight_smile: i’m putting your name and number on my calandar now.

I’ll give him a cuff to the back of his head later Dale.

New photo.
Looks like you got shades on. The world so bright I have to wear shades/
All the best buddy. Things are going great!!!

Good luck Mike.

Good luck Mike, your issue is one in which every one of us fears the most, that being an on the job injury that forces us out of doing what we do everyday. You could also look into getting an insurance adjusters license for home insurance. There’s lots of independent companies that work for all the take out companies and Citizens doing their claims work. You already know more than 75% of the adjusters right now.

You might want to move to a different state to find work. Florida’s true unemployment rate is 16%. North or South Dakota have a lot oil field work. Even McDonald’s jobs pay good.

Family keeps me here. I believe my Daughter to be in the best school there is :slight_smile: The Wife loves the neighborhood. I choose to sacrifice for their well being. I would have likely headed to North Dakota a long time ago if I were not a family man.